Beginners and Beyond

Four day Fridailies! (Read 30 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My morning:

No automatic alt text available.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

No more marathons

Ugh.  Ugly 4 today

And a 5K race tomorrow.

That's going to suck.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Baboon

delicate flower

3.1 mile run at 6:25 pace.  That is a 19:55 5K if you are scoring at home.  I got the bouncy early taper legs going.  This was a hard tempo effort...certainly not a race effort.  Typically my heart rate averages 15-20 bpm higher in a 5K race.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

Ugh.  Ugly 4 today

And a 5K race tomorrow.

That's going to suck.

I don't know about you but some of my best runs have come the day after a stinker.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.2 with 10 x 2 minutes hard, 1 minute recovery.

DavePNW

I don't know about you but some of my best runs have come the day after a stinker.

+1

Dave

LRB

Yeah, and some of my worst ones too. lol

LRB

3.1 mile run at 6:25 pace.  That is a 19:55 5K if you are scoring at home.  I got the bouncy early taper legs going.  This was a hard tempo effort...certainly not a race effort.  Typically my heart rate averages 15-20 bpm higher in a 5K race.

So what 5k race time would you expect your current fitness to produce?

Baboon

delicate flower

So what 5k race time would you expect your current fitness to produce?

It's tough to say.  I haven't done many short, hard intervals, but my training runs have never been faster.  I think I'd have a good shot to PR (19:12).

<3

No more marathons

Yeah, and some of my worst ones too. lol

The more likely scenario.

Wednesday was a hard workout,and this is supposed to be a 90% effort 5K.

I'm thinking of doing the first two miles at 10K effort, and then see if I can pick it up.

He's a leaker!

LRB

It's tough to say.  I haven't done many short, hard intervals, but my training runs have never been faster.  I think I'd have a good shot to PR (19:12).

Hopefully the stars align for you. I know one thing though, when you return to running full time you're gonna be kicking foos in the ass and taking names. As well as counting each one you pass and giving them the Dikembe Mutombo waving finger when they try to pass you back. lol

LRB

The more likely scenario.

Wednesday was a hard workout,and this is supposed to be a 90% effort 5K.

I'm thinking of doing the first two miles at 10K effort, and then see if I can pick it up.

Ah yes, you're training through this for next month. Embrace the suck, it'll pay off.

One of my most hated races was a 10k that came in late August every year in high ass temps, dew points and humidity. And every year I struggled to even run half marathon pace and sometimes ran much worse. But it never mattered to my fall races, when game time came, I killed it. You will too. Just look at tomorrow as business, and go handle yours.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hopefully the stars align for you. I know one thing though, when you return to running full time you're gonna be kicking foos in the ass and taking names. As well as counting each one you pass and giving them the Dikembe Mutombo waving finger when they try to pass you back. lol

I am a little excited about that.  Training for 70.3 is nowhere near as taxing as 140.6 training, so in theory I should continue to trend faster before marathon training begins again in late September.    First though I've got three 70.3's to get through.

It's kind of freaky how things are unfolding exactly as Coach said they would.

<3

No more marathons

. Embrace the suck, i

Ha,  that sounds about right.

He's a leaker!

Zelanie

I worked today but we're on our way to Portland tonight. I fly out to Colorado early tomorrow.