Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #233 (Read 25 times)

onemile

The boys are not helping with your motivation with the whining, lol

I know. Lately URP just wants to run easy for every run and this was RRP's first workout in at least 3 months. he hasn't been running much this summer...even URP runs more than him now

12.3, 3 loops accotink, real slow, but 48 seconds per mile less slow than than the first time I did 12 at accotink two weeks ago....just by changing the start point.  

When I’m trying acclimate to multiple loops I use the start point that begins with the slowest section of the loop: half mile of flat that include a 35 yard patch of large stone gravel that I walk most of, then a short steep pitch to the bottom of the good hill and up that.  It insures I start real slow and having the good hill early in the loops I find less intimidating. Today and going forward the start point is near the high point off the loop.

The fastest mile today was Mile 1, NIKE app says elevation loss of 53’

The second fastest was Mile 12, flat with the 35 yards of large stone gravel, up the short steep pitch and and the gentle lower part of the good hill.

Pre-run fuel was about 15 calories from unsweetened almond milk in my coffee with Splenda.  

Note: the gravel section is not part of the normal accotink loop, it an excursion I use to by the nutty steep section of the good hill.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Changing my 16 to tomorrow when I'm off. Too much shit going on at work so 7 with 3 @ HMP tonight instead.

Damaris

Cyberic

a bunch of near-90 days coming up 

Half Crazy K 2.0

And the fires are because we need to do more raking

Why can't you just suck water form the ocean & put them out?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rumor has it that summer is making its triumphant return this weekend, so there won't be anymore of that nonsense until the start of the second week of September. That's less than 3 weeks out so its just about a wrap.

I wish. We get the return to summer this weekend as well. Cooler conditions aren't really certain until way late in October.

sdWhiskers

Why can't you just suck water form the ocean & put them out?

Helicopters pick up water from lakes, ponds, swimming pools, etc  and drop on the fires.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Helicopters pick up water from lakes, ponds, swimming pools, etc  and drop on the fires.

I know, but the orange guy probably thinks he could coordinate that part better.

Baboon

delicate flower

I got a weird e-mail at work and reported it as a phishing attempt.  I got an auto-reply saying it was a test and I passed.  lol  Turns out if I clicked the attachment, I'd have to take a bunch of compliance lessons.  *PHEW*

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I know, but the orange guy probably thinks he could coordinate that part better.

Maybe he should ask his recently incarcerated buddy Steve Bannon about it.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I got a weird e-mail at work and reported it as a phishing attempt.  I got an auto-reply saying it was a test and I passed.  lol  Turns out if I clicked the attachment, I'd have to take a bunch of compliance lessons.  *PHEW*

LOL. Someone in my Miami office fell for one of those and then there was a DOJ-wide email about 5 people falling for it. He wasn't pleased.

Damaris

Cyberic

Part of my new job as a Security Architect I will do such tests on employees, lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

In case you were wondering about 2021, Big Sur canceled the Monterey Bay HM (postponing race opening) for 2021. I love how we signed up for 2018, got canceled due to the fires and offered a deferral which we took for 2020, then canceled and offered a deferral. Maybe we'll choose the deferral 2050!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

We get these tests too. At some point in September, we're getting a phish alarm.

I handle invoicing and I have skipped some invoices because they look like phishing attempts. Usually this happens when there is a large corporation with several smaller entities and all have different names.

DavePNW

Maybe he should ask his recently incarcerated buddy Steve Bannon about it.

He’ll do so after he pardons him.

Dave