Beginners and Beyond

Woman Runs London Marathon Without a Tampon, Bleeds Freely to Raise Awareness (Read 99 times)

happylily

a woman’s time of the month should not be considered something unclean and unnatural, something to be hidden and cleaned up hastily before it has the chance to offend anyone who may become privy to the fact that said woman’s body is evacuating her loins of unused baby blood. The second, being that tampons, pads, and other feminine hygiene products are “man” made inventions, intended to inadvertently rape a woman during her period, thus furthering her victim status as a woman living in a world run by men. 

http://modernwomandigest.com/disturbing-new-feminist-trend-free-bleeding/

That's false feminism. Just a bunch of stupid people who have found a new way to get attention on themselves.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

From the Internet.

That's false feminism. Just a bunch of stupid people who have found a new way to get attention on themselves.

Seriously. Ooh I feel uncomfortable just thinking about walking around bleeding everywhere 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yeah, some would call it the "new age feminism".... *rolls eyes*. Honestly, why any sane woman would want to just bleed all over herself is beyond my understanding.... then again they aren't really sane..... but stupid.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Hip Redux

It's idiotic.  Especially since modern tampon use was mostly spearheaded by a woman (go figure): Gertrude Tendrich bought the patent rights to their company trademark Tampax and started as a seller and spokesperson in 1933. Gertrich hired women to manufacture the item and then hired two salesmen to market the product to drugstores in Colorado and Wyoming and nurses to give public lectures on the benefits of the creation and was also instrumental in instituting newspapers to run public advertisements.

DavePNW

I held off commenting on this until I saw how the womenfolk felt about it. Based on all the posts so far, I will go ahead and make my joke.

Perhaps at my next race I will crap myself, to make the statement that many people do not have access to clean toilet facilities. Or, to make the statement that running makes people crap themselves.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

I held off commenting on this until I saw how the womenfolk felt about it. Based on all the posts so far, I will go ahead and make my joke.

Perhaps at my next race I will crap myself, to make the statement that many people do not have access to clean toilet facilities. Or, to make the statement that running makes people crap themselves.

To me, this was the next logical step--why not crap your pants too since upset stomach is one of the lovely side effect of having your period.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

You were not the only one that thought that exact thing...

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

You people have issues 

bluerun

Super B****

It's been done.  Surely you don't want me to resurrect that picture...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

It's been done.  Surely you don't want me to resurrect that picture...

If it's the pic I'm thinking of, no thanks. 

Dave

Cyberic

If it's the pic I'm thinking of, no thanks. 

Is there any other?

DavePNW

Is there any other?

I don't know, but I'm not Googling it to find out.

Dave

Cyberic

The dailes could have been called Sunday Bloody Sun-dailies today 

DavePNW

The dailes could have been called Sunday Bloody Sun-dailies today 

Missed opportunity!

Dave

LRB

a woman’s time of the month should not be considered something unclean and unnatural, something to be hidden and cleaned up hastily before it has the chance to offend anyone who may become privy to the fact that said woman’s body is evacuating her loins of unused baby blood. The second, being that tampons, pads, and other feminine hygiene products are “man” made inventions, intended to inadvertently rape a woman during her period, thus furthering her victim status as a woman living in a world run by men. 

These people are either delusional, have self-esteem issues, or both.