Beginners and Beyond

Woman Runs London Marathon Without a Tampon, Bleeds Freely to Raise Awareness (Read 99 times)

LRB

A Response To the Free Bleeding Marathon Runner From the Marathon’s Actual Winner

"That’s like a child playing cup-n-ball being the face of the NBA. Oh, and the child shat himself to break the stigma of shit being gross or something."

lol

Oh, and I have seen enough of her stained crotch FFS.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It seems a bit gross, but wouldn't it have been more dramatic if she had not worn tights? Any why red tights rather than white if she really wanted to get awareness?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

It seems a bit gross, but wouldn't it have been more dramatic if she had not worn tights? Any why red tights rather than white if she really wanted to get awareness?

agree on all parts...

Cyberic

Yep, couldn't even see at first look.

LRB

Yep, couldn't even see at first look.

I must have super sonic x-ray vision then. 

Hip Redux

OK, this conversation took an odd turn.  Next time someone wants to free bleed, maybe they should check with their men friends on what will show the best. lol

From the Internet.

Said somewhere (her blog maybe?) that she skipped her long runs when she had her period during training  and was therefore worried that a tampon would be uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure she was just unprepared and rather than, I don't know, buying tampons or asking someone for a spare, she opted to go full-on attention whore with it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

She might "claim" she did it to raise awareness but it sure seems like she did it as a big "fuck men and anybody who wants me to hide this", and also for the stupid free bleed movement. She sounds like she really enjoyed making others uncomfortable.

During the Louisville Kentucky Derby Half, I was so scared that I had actually started that I was trying to discreetly look and see, hoping nothing was running down (thankfully it wasn't that weekend). I would hope that other ladies would have the decency to notice and let one know, but with this shit now going on I am sure they would just assume the unfortunate runner meant to do it 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarren/a-woman-ran-a-marathon-free-bleeding-to-take-a-stand-against

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I must have super sonic x-ray vision then. 

That lack of meat makes you bloodthirsty...

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

OK, this conversation took an odd turn.  Next time someone wants to free bleed, maybe they should check with their men friends on what will show the best. lol

Wait... Since when can wimenz think for themselves?

You people have issues 

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

That lack of meat makes you bloodthirsty...

You people have issues 

bluerun

Super B****

Said somewhere (her blog maybe?) that she skipped her long runs when she had her period during training  and was therefore worried that a tampon would be uncomfortable. I'm pretty sure she was just unprepared and rather than, I don't know, buying tampons or asking someone for a spare, she opted to go full-on attention whore with it.

There is so much here that I don't understand...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Hell, I just can't understand why anyone would do this.... wait... I can't seem to find any way to understand or relate to these new feminist groups 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

outoftheblue

If she hadn't made a big deal about this, I bet most people wouldn't have even looked twice at the stains.  There's a lot of nasty going on in most marathons -- sweat, spilled gatorade, people peeing in gatorade bottles, spit, "GI" issues and the like.  I usually try to keep my eyes up.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If she hadn't made a big deal about this, I bet most people wouldn't have even looked twice at the stains.  There's a lot of nasty going on in most marathons -- sweat, spilled gatorade, people peeing in gatorade bottles, spit, "GI" issues and the like.  I usually try to keep my eyes up.

luckily I've only ran one marathon so far and haven't seen the peeing in gatorade bottles, or obvious "GI" issues, or any other really nasty thing but I am sure that I will one day be "lucky" enough to spot it 

I do spot lots of nice butts, and legs and occasionally really nice bodies 

PRs