Beginners and Beyond

Hooray MonDAILIES (Read 34 times)

onemile

There must be a half marathon in your future?

May 7th.

So it's 5k this weekend and then again on April 30th.  And then the half the following weekend.

Baboon

delicate flower

May 7th.

So it's 5k this weekend and then again on April 30th.  And then the half the following weekend.

I give this race schedule two thumbs up.

<3

LRB

May 7th.

It makes perfect sense!

onemile

It makes perfect sense!

I was actually thinking to do one on the 24th too but coach suggested to skip that weekend.

LRB

I was actually thinking to do one on the 24th too but coach suggested to skip that weekend.

Coach knows best!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Onemile, what's the level of competition in the races? Around here, in the smaller 5ks, there may only be a handful of people around the 20 minute mark.

DavePNW

You surely wouldn't have this unsightly gap in your schedule if you let Baboon be your coach.

I must say, I was not nearly so interested in racing before I started hanging out here. Looked at my history:

• 2012 - 2 races
                • 2013 - 2
                • 2014 - 6
                • 2015 - 11
                • 2016 - 4 through 4/2, expected to be 6 by 5/1.

So, I have you people to thank/blame.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Yuck. I don't want to run by myself.

I checked Athlinks for other results for the winner. He ran 19:59 for a 5K a month later.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

onemile

Onemile, what's the level of competition in the races? Around here, in the smaller 5ks, there may only be a handful of people around the 20 minute mark.

For the limestone trail one, it looks like for the last few years there were 5-6 people finishing under 20.  Some of the smaller ones have winning times in 21-22 min and I have no desire to be #1. I want to have people around me.

onemile

I checked Athlinks for other results for the winner. He ran 19:59 for a 5K a month later.

See, it's a hard course!

Half Crazy K 2.0

For the limestone trail one, it looks like for the last few years there were 5-6 people finishing under 20.  Some of the smaller ones have winning times in 21-22 min and I have no desire to be #1. I want to have people around me.

With the limestone, what's your weather been like? There is a popular crushed limestone rail trail near me that due to the shade & location was not runnable until sometime last month, despite roads being cleared of snow for a couple weeks. I think it also gets sloppy when there is a lot of rain too.

Cyberic

Just got an email from MarathonFoto for Boston. I thought with the price I'm paying to run that race, it would include free pics. Not!

I just checked the weather. Right now they're predicting a 10 MPH NE wind. Head on for 26 miles. If it stays that way, a PR will be difficult.

MTA: weather.gov do not predict winds that much in advance.

LRB

With the limestone, what's your weather been like? There is a popular crushed limestone rail trail near me that due to the shade & location was not runnable until sometime last month, despite roads being cleared of snow for a couple weeks. I think it also gets sloppy when there is a lot of rain too.

Once the snow is gone, ours cleans up nicely. Rain is only an issue while it's raining or immediately thereafter.

Cyberic

I just checked the weather predictions again. Hasn't changed.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Once the snow is gone, ours cleans up nicely. Rain is only an issue while it's raining or immediately thereafter.

From what I understand, that's how the NCR trail is (limestone trail near me). But, it is mostly shady and in an area of the county that tends to be colder than the rest of the area, so the snow hangs around much longer than most places. With our wild swings of temps in March, it would melt & then refreeze on a daily basis.