Beginners and Beyond

Suffering Sassafras Sundailies (Read 49 times)

LRB

I ran 7.

It was a little tight but didn't suck as much as the pace might indicate.

I had 40 for the week, and weeks of 49, 47 and 44 going into yesterday. So a little bit short of where I would've liked to have been (I skipped a 7 mile run Thursday), but overall not too bad.

LRB

My garmin's pissing me off again this morning so I said fuck it and ordered the 630.  Same day delivery through Amazon prime

Dammit! That. Sucks.

Hopefully it works for you. I plan on ordering one too but am a little bit apprehensive given some of the reviews I have read. Overall though it seems most are happy with it.

onemile

2 x (2 miles MP w/800 m). A little over 12 miles total.

44 miles at 7:37 average pace for the week.

6:50 marathon pace now, hmm? 

onemile

Dammit! That. Sucks.

Hopefully it works for you. I plan on ordering one too but am a little bit apprehensive given some of the reviews I have read. Overall though it seems most are happy with it.

Well I'll give you a review shortly

Cyberic

Great news, baboon. Now rest a little, will ya!

LRB and bluesky, get those asses seated, and comfortable.

Onemile, can't wait to hear how you like the 630 down the road, compared to the 620 (when it was not fucking up, that is).

DaveP, I still prefer running than drowning, so I'll stick to marathoning. Not that I am going to be marathoning in the near future.

Cyberic

6:50 marathon pace now, hmm? 

Actually it's more like my HM pace but I'm thinking that by the time I run a marathon again, I'd like to be near or at that pace. Why not start training right now?

Cyberic

Is NYCM even started yet? In Florida they would have finished by now.

LRB

Is NYCM even started yet? In Florida they would have finished by now.

It has but starts in waves which are massive. So it might be well after ten before everyone has crossed the start line.

LRB

It has but starts in waves which are massive. So it might be well after ten before everyone has crossed the start line.

Another wave just started ffs, the second of three. (I believe blue was in the first about 35 minutes ago). Meanwhile the elite women are 67 minutes in, the elite men are at 38 minutes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I am back home (arrived at midnight) and slept badly.  Weights tonight.

I have a lot of asthma congestion but it's dry.  I feel OK but won't run until the congestion is gone.  Not sure what caused it but it was a PITA in the second half of the race.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice job, Baboon!

Good luck, bluerun!  I assume you started in wave 1 or 2 but I have not checked!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good luck to racers this morning.

16.2 lonely miles done, I'm freaking hungry and sore and really just want to go back to bed.....

But the house is up and awake, Jetta is driving me crazy, she's so restless and starting to feel better so it's getting tough to keep her from trying to chase after Rocky or rough house and shit...... oh.... man...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

Bluerun is kicking ass. 13.1 in 1:45:42

Dave

LRB

Bluerun is kicking ass. 13.1 in 1:45:42

She threatened to kill me if I posted it, but yes, she's been rock steady thus far!

DavePNW

She threatened to kill me if I posted it, but yes, she's been rock steady thus far!

Oops.

Does she have special rules? Not sure why I would not think that.

Dave