Beginners and Beyond

Suffering Sassafras Sundailies (Read 49 times)

Cyberic

What's that free shoes thing? I'm on Strava and I BQed. Nobody called me to give me free shoes.

Hip Redux

What's that free shoes thing? I'm on Strava and I BQed. Nobody called me to give me free shoes.

There are challenges you can sign up for, some have awards - https://www.strava.com/challenges

My husband won a pair of sneakers for one, forget which.

Cyberic

There are challenges you can sign up for, some have awards - https://www.strava.com/challenges

My husband won a pair of sneakers for one, forget which.

Ah! I have to participate in something. Not my thing, but for free shoes, I'll look into it.

Thank you

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strava Back Half Challenge. I'm guessing Quebec is not a USATF-certified marathon....

LRB

Run a negative split during a marathon and win shoes.  Zel wrote about it a month or so ago and we discussed it.

Hip Redux

Ah! I have to participate in something. Not my thing, but for free shoes, I'll look into it.

Thank you

The only participation required is to click the "join" button.   And then post your runs as you normally do.

onemile

Thank you

you didn't negative split... so no, it's not your thing

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So much talk about Strava that I had to finally join.  I just never had time to actually do it.  Sigh.

Lifted weights.  They were hard, like I just ran a marathon.  Figure that one out...

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, and as I was getting out of the car last night, my phone fell and FUCKING CRACKED again!  Fortunately, the appointment I had made on Tuesday for today was still up so they fixed it and now I'm another $100 poorer.  At this pace, it was better to buy the iPhone 7 but I'll win this fight!

Damaris

No more marathons

I got Strava for the chance of free shoes at CIM.  If bluerun has Strava, she just earned herself shoes today!  It just syncs from Garmin, easy peasy.

I like the segments on it because it does get me a chance to compare how I ran segments on some of my quality runs to how I ran them the week before on a similar run.  Plus it turns out that a couple of local runners who I'm friends with are on it, so that's fun too.

Yeah, that's what appeals to me right now.

Interesting that the sync that I started before heading out to the movies is still going on.

It's now back to 2011 - say's it's 72% complete - that's after 5 hours.

I probably wouldn't use it if it didn't automatically load from GarminConnect - along with RA.

I've also set to auto sync with Final Surge - this one is what I'll need if I decide to use Hudson Elite for coaching next year.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Yeah, that's what appeals to me right now.

Interesting that the sync that I started before heading out to the movies is still going on.

It's now back to 2011 - say's it's 72% complete - that's after 5 hours.

I probably wouldn't use it if it didn't automatically load from GarminConnect - along with RA.

I've also set to auto sync with Final Surge - this one is what I'll need if I decide to use Hudson Elite for coaching next year.

Um, hello? You left out the most important detail.

No more marathons

Um, hello? You left out the most important detail.

Sorry - Dr. Strange is a must see if you like any of the comics brought to the big screen.

I had my doubts from the previews - afraid it was just going to be like Matrix or Inception - but the previews were not a large part of the story line.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I've been playing around in my little studio at the shop. Got a nice photo of Dorian and I.

Great job Bluerun!!!

More update on Jetta: She is really trying to use that leg now, she'll walk with it and even try a quick trot before picking it back up. Not sure if it's the pain medicine or if she is really beginning to feel better......... I'm hoping for the second one.

Looks like this next coming week I will be including Rocky on some easy runs......... Jetta's gonna hate me...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Sorry - Dr. Strange is a must see if you like any of the comics brought to the big screen.

I had my doubts from the previews - afraid it was just going to be like Matrix or Inception - but the previews were not a large part of the story line.

I actually loved Inception (not many people get it) and the first Matrix had so much potential...

Anyway, thank you. Smile

Cyberic

Run a negative split during a marathon and win shoes.  Zel wrote about it a month or so ago and we discussed it.

Yes, you discussed it, but usually when it's too good to be true, it is too good to be true. Who the hell gives away free shoes? Running a negative split marathon, if THAT is the objective, seems easy enough. So I didn't pay attention to it.

But as HCK said, it might be a US only thing.