Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Sundailies (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris

GinnyinPA

Sorry HC - that does suck.

Dave - did you intend to get a new pup this trip?

LRB - looks like Boston last year. Brrr.

Dave and Phil - good luck tomorrow and have fun. Boston is an incredible experience, even in the rain.

Cyberic

13 easy and sunny miles. Felt really good. Less than 24 hours after me struggling to run home, it's weird... in a good way 

72 for the week.

Cyberic

I ran with Eric and Jay and those 3 miles flew by. 

I remember that run very well. 3 miles was too short for a fe, but that's the way it is.

Cyberic

3 miles in the Boston Common, where it appeared the entire marathon field was doing their shakeout runs, 75% of whom were wearing a Boston shirt.

I did not have a great race, I don't think the course is so great, but what you're describing is part of what makes the Boston marathon special. I really enjoyed my couple of days before the marathon in Boston. Hard to describe the buzz in the city. The buzz I felt. Everywhere you go, the jacket is everywhere, all colors. Then you look more carefully and it seems  like half the people not wearing the jacket are runners also. Fit people, wearing running shoes, smiling.

Baboon

delicate flower

Beautiful puppy, DaveP!  Congrats on the new addition!

I got my three mile shakeout done.  I did not see any apparent Boston runners, but I was also 100 miles from the city.

I'm nervous.  I have no reason to be, yet here I am.  I have to work today and it is nearly impossible to focus.  I'm waiting for DW to e-mail that she is done with her 14 mile run so we can go grab gyros.

<3

DavePNW

Bib picked up, headed into expo.

Everything is super well organized, no lines for anything. Easier to get through than most smaller races I’ve been to. Everyone talked about the wait in the security line to get in, but I breezed right through. There appeared to be a long line only if you were bringing a bag in.

I exchanged shirt size from L to M, which was also super quick & easy. The shirt is a beautiful thing, I can’t wait to run in it.

Also, Baboon - I saw a guy wearing a shirt with the trademark “HEAT” logo we see in every one of your race pics. He said he knows you. Small world, even at Boston.

Dave

DavePNW

I did not have a great race, I don't think the course is so great, but what you're describing is part of what makes the Boston marathon special. I really enjoyed my couple of days before the marathon in Boston. Hard to describe the buzz in the city. The buzz I felt. Everywhere you go, the jacket is everywhere, all colors. Then you look more carefully and it seems  like half the people not wearing the jacket are runners also. Fit people, wearing running shoes, smiling.

Yeah, it’s cool. Just chatting running with random people.

Dave

DavePNW

'Morning!  I'll be spending most of the day working.  I have a real short shakeout run to do later, and I just housed a plate of pancakes.

Cinnamon brioche French toast for me, with a side of bacon, free courtesy of the hotel.  “Free”, ha. :airquotes:

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Also, Baboon - I saw a guy wearing a shirt with the trademark “HEAT” logo we see in every one of your race pics. He said he knows you. Small world, even at Boston.

HA!!  Nice!  Had to be Roy, Josh, or Steve.  Smile  Or perhaps Andy, although he is not running but always goes where the excitement is.

Looking good, Dave!

<3

DavePNW

Dave - did you intend to get a new pup this trip?

DW warned me before I left that this might be happening.

Dave

DavePNW

HA!!  Nice!  Had to be Roy, Josh, or Steve.  Smile  Or perhaps Andy, although he is not running but always goes where the excitement is.

It was Josh.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

DAVE, RE: EXPO - Brooks is giving away free shit, although I didn't want to wait in line.  Free pancake mix at the Kodiak Cakes booth (that's what I had this morning).  Free full size yogurts at the Siggi's booth (had one Friday).  Apparently Meb is hanging out at the Sketchers booth.

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

It was Josh.

He qualified for Kona this year.  Dude's a baller.

<3

DavePNW

DAVE, RE: EXPO - Brooks is giving away free shit, although I didn't want to wait in line.  Free pancake mix at the Kodiak Cakes booth (that's what I had this morning).  Free full size yogurts at the Siggi's booth (had one Friday).  Apparently Meb is hanging out at the Sketchers booth.

Cool. I may have lied about not wanting any more shit. I just walked in and want everything.

Dave