Beginners and Beyond

Soupy Sundailies (Read 37 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We don’t have any near here. Wait, they are in Kendall which is 35 mins away. They look delicious.

Damaris

LRB

looks like there are three in this area. Haven't tried it before but it looks like I should!

I don't want to oversell it but the fact that I go there is akin to you and a burger place...

They have some menu pizzas but I recommend you build your own. I go red sauce, minced garlic, spinach, mozzarella, asiago, parmesan, artichokes, mushrooms, whole roasted garlic and salt and pepper. YMMV

DavePNW

I don't want to oversell it but the fact that I go there is akin to you and a burger place...

They have some menu pizzas but I recommend you build your own. I go red sauce, minced garlic, spinach, mozzarella, asiago, parmesan, artichokes, mushrooms, whole roasted garlic and salt and pepper. YMMV

I like the double garlic. Now add some sundried tomatoes.

Dave

LRB

They are big out here - I had never seen them till I moved here. For some reason DD doesn’t like it, so we haven’t really been there much.

I guess it's not for everybody.

LRB

I like the double garlic. Now add some sundried tomatoes.

I've done that, usually at Carrabba's. 👍

LRB

We don’t have any near here. Wait, they are in Kendall which is 35 mins away. They look delicious.

Did you know there are ultra marathons in Florida? I had to do a double take!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Did you know there are ultra marathons in Florida? I had to do a double take!

There are!  There is a 50/100 miler in Key west in May!  WTF. Every year they talk about the heat indexes in the 90-100s. Maybe if they move it to February they wouldn’t?  My 50K was in Jupiter, an hour North of me and 88F was the high that day. FTS. Next ultra I’ll plan an out of state one.

Damaris

KCRuns

Good Luck tomorrow, DaveP and Baboon!!

I got out early yesterday for 6.25 total. I had an RWB event on the lakefront. I ran 2.5 there, a little over a mile helping to mark part of the course, and 2.5 home. I couldn’t stay for the actual event, but was glad I got to help set up and see most of the group. Then we went to the Cubs game and bar hopped around our old neighborhood afterwards. It was a fun afternoon!

It’s snowing here today with 25 mph winds, we’re expecting up to 4 inches. I haven’t left my house, it’s slippery out there and I haven’t seen any salt trucks. I love snow, but even I think this is ridiculous.

DavePNW

I got out early yesterday for 6.25 total. I had an RWB event on the lakefront. I ran 2.5 there, a little over a mile helping to mark part of the course, and 2.5 home. I couldn’t stay for the actual event, but was glad I got to help set up and see most of the group. Then we went to the Cubs game and bar hopped around our old neighborhood afterwards. It was a fun afternoon!

It’s snowing here today with 25 mph winds, we’re expecting up to 4 inches. I haven’t left my house, it’s slippery out there and I haven’t seen any salt trucks. I love snow, but even I think this is ridiculous.

Yay for Cub game and Wrigleyville bar hopping! Been a very long time since I did that.

Boo for that effed up weather! OTOH, Boston forecast calls for 69 degrees when I finish. 

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Dave and Phil - good luck tomorrow and have fun. Boston is an incredible experience, even in the rain.

Ooh good luck tomorrow Dave and Baboon! The excitement is contagious and I don't really even care about Boston.

Thanks!  It's been a long time coming.  And +1 to "Good luck, Dave!"

<3

onemile

Boo for that effed up weather! OTOH, Boston forecast calls for 69 degrees when I finish. 

WTH?? seriously?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, Dave and Phil!

Damaris

DavePNW

WTH?? seriously?

Seriously. I know it does nothing to check too far in advance, but doesn’t seem too long ago that they were talking low-mid 40s. There is at least a window during the race when chance of rain goes down. Still windy, but at least more or less in the right direction. For now anyway; who tf knows tomorrow. Tuesday of course will be perfect marathoning temps.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

Slightly more favorable than what my current PR was run in.  At least we'll have tailwind, and let's hope for some rain.

<3

DavePNW

Thanks!  It's been a long time coming.  And +1 to "Good luck, Phil!"

^ this.

Dave