Beginners and Beyond

SUNdailies (Read 34 times)

Cyberic

Plus I really do need to roll every day it seems.

I've never rolled before. Other than a little hip strenthening exercises, I just run. Almost every time I try something new, I get hurt. Then I stop doing it and become better again.

What does rolling do? It makes sore places better? Stiff places less stiff?

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

13.2 for me. People must be partying hard around here. Once again I barely saw anyone. Especially the first 5 miles. It is sunny and 60s so wonderful out.

Marjorie

Hip Redux

Oski, isn't trail running harder on the hips (and all joints for that matter) than road running? Are you back to 100%?

LRB had it - it's an old railroad that now is a crushed gravel trail.  Which was a little muddy today, meh.   Definitely not hitting "real" trails yet, but I am hopeful it will be sooner rather than later!

Here's a photo of our rail trail in the summer:

And just so you aren't too jealous of my pretty place to run, here it is in the winter:

Cyberic

It's not fair to the trail to compare these two pics. I'm sure the same spot  the summer pic was taken must look better on any given day than the spot where the winter pic was taken.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Still feeling like shit. Bah.

So, we spent the afternoon signing up for races. RnR San Diego and RnR Montreal.

Damaris

B-Plus

So, we spent the afternoon signing up for races. RnR San Diego and RnR Montreal.

Hip Redux

It's not fair to the trail to compare these two pics. I'm sure the same spot  the summer pic was taken must look better on any given day than the spot where the winter pic was taken.

Heh, not really.  I was only a half mile or so from the first to the second!   It's still pretty... in it's own, cold, miserable way.

Hip Redux

Sorry you are feeling bad still Sad

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I knew someone would pick that up!

I just hope it's a simple cold affecting my lungs but I think I have a fever. Bah.

Damaris

Cyberic

So you're coming to Montreal, are you? September is still a long time from now, but you might just be the first forumee I'll meet. That's cool 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awesome!  It's also on my birthday!

Damaris

Cyberic

Awesome!  It's also on my birthday!

The day before my first marathon, sorry, but I won't be throwing you a party worth remembering Smile But I'll be glad to go meet you and wish you happy birthday over a coffee or something, and if you're here on Friday, I might even have a beer or two!

LRB

Otherwise known as medicine for runners. lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Deal, Cy!

I need a coat. I am freezing. Ha.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Goddammit I'm tired.  My legs hurt.  My face is dry and wind-burnt.  I don't feel like moving.  Good stuff.

I see football has pretty much sucked today, eh?  Glad I didn't miss anything.

<3