"Know what they call people your age running marathons?"

>

>

>

>

>

"Obstacles."

LRB

You know, I'm not totally sure I could jump over an obstacle or hurdle while running. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I suck at jumping lol, I would just go around.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Reminds me of a something my first running mentor once told me before a race:

"Trample the weak and hurdle the dead"

delicate flower

Woman at work to me today:  "Running the half marathon for you Saturday must have been easy.  Only 13 miles."

Me:  

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

You know, I'm not totally sure I could jump over an obstacle or hurdle while running. 

I know I couldn't....I tripped over a darn chihuahua on my run on Sunday.....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I know I couldn't....I tripped over a darn chihuahua on my run on Sunday.....

I trip over Rubio every fucking day.  Silly kitty getting in my way.  Poor thing.

Damaris

LRB

I trip over Rubio every fucking day.  

I used to boot my cat to the moon whenever they did that. lol

Stay the hell outta my way damn cat.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I think I tripped on a painted white line one day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

I think I tripped on a painted white line one day.

You won at the internet today. lmao

outoftheblue

Woman at work to me today:  "Running the half marathon for you Saturday must have been easy.  Only 13 miles."

Me:  

For those of you recall, I run the Hernia Hill Half every year.  Last year,  I ran into one of the younger women who ran the 10K while we were out wine tasting.  She still had her medal around her neck, so I asked how she liked the race, she said it was really hard.  She then asked what distance I had run.  When I said the half marathon, she said -- dead serious -- "Oh, I should have run that instead.  It would have been much easier."  When queried further as to why, she thought because it was longer, the hills would be a smaller part of the race.

Life is good.

From the Internet.

I trip over Rubio every fucking day.  Silly kitty getting in my way.  Poor thing.

I do the same thing to my poor ancient Siamese cat - it's like she positions herself with the sole intent of tripping me when she gets hungry.

George, wow you do win! Lol

LRB

For those of you recall, I run the Hernia Hill Half every year.  Last year,  I ran into one of the younger women who ran the 10K while we were out wine tasting.  She still had her medal around her neck, so I asked how she liked the race, she said it was really hard.  She then asked what distance I had run.  When I said the half marathon, she said -- dead serious -- "Oh, I should have run that instead.  It would have been much easier."  When queried further as to why, she thought because it was longer, the hills would be a smaller part of the race.

lol - I am sure she said it in a matter of fact manner too.  lol

bluerun

Super B****

That... uh... is true.  Kinda.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

outoftheblue

That... uh... is true.  Kinda.

Except, on this particular course there's a monster hill on the non-10K part.  In any event, I didn't argue the point, but told her she should sign up for the half next year.

Life is good.