Beginners and Beyond

In denial MonDAILIES (Read 33 times)

Cyberic

No way it's Monday already. Can't be.

I'll jog to work, I guess. At least there's that part that's cool.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 7 or my SRD.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Hey.  SRD.  

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll try to get a run in before 2:30, I really don't wanna leave my house. ... scared to death Mittens might show up and I'm not here.

My son was up ALL night, I think I only got like 3 maybe 4 hours of sleep.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

10 on the AlterG. I just registered for a 5K on Sunday because A. I am an idiot and B. it will keep me from doing a long run, which is a good thing if I'm going to run 35K next Friday.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Blue, I can totally understand that, sounds like you’re on a 5k roll anyway!

Baboon, how does one’s body feel, after completing (and kicking ass!) in an IM?!

FS, Sad

good morning D and Cy , and all to follow! I’m going to go drink coffee and enjoy our view, and maybe bathe in some Motrin (quads = 😫😎)

DavePNW

5 miles.

Dave

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I'll try to get a run in before 2:30, I really don't wanna leave my house. ... scared to death Mittens might show up and I'm not here.

My son was up ALL night, I think I only got like 3 maybe 4 hours of sleep.

So sorry! Hope it can be an exciting reunion.

ROS...sorry that the race was a tough one. Congrats on sticking with it and making it though. For me, it's been the case that those races start to feel a lot better in your memory the further away you get from them. There's something about realizing that you have that kind of fortitude that's super useful, even in the races where everything does go how you want it.

Baboon...congrats on the ironman finish, and to your wife for her great race too. 12 hours seems crazy fast to me!

I struggled to get any runs in this weekend, or rather I failed to get runs in because of poor life choices  Oh well, it was a fun weekend and today is a new day. Hoping to get out for some miles later tonight, and maybe some short hill sprints post run.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Cyberic

Forgot to say congrats to RoS on hanging tough in your marathon yesterday. Not an easy thing to do.

Congrats also to Baboon on yet another feat of endurance like I can barely imagine.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

NRD for me; some leg stuff and upper body. Back at it tomorrow...

RoS and Baboon - awesome races!

In denial..... I won’t grow up, I WON’T GROW UP!!!!

5 slow stream grade.

RoS and Baboon .... cool😎

From the Internet.

So sorry! Hope it can be an exciting reunion.

ROS...sorry that the race was a tough one. Congrats on sticking with it and making it though. For me, it's been the case that those races start to feel a lot better in your memory the further away you get from them. There's something about realizing that you have that kind of fortitude that's super useful, even in the races where everything does go how you want it.

Baboon...congrats on the ironman finish, and to your wife for her great race too. 12 hours seems crazy fast to me!

I struggled to get any runs in this weekend, or rather I failed to get runs in because of poor life choices  Oh well, it was a fun weekend and today is a new day. Hoping to get out for some miles later tonight, and maybe some short hill sprints post run.

Totally agree w/ this! Of my 3 marathons, I'm only really happy with how I executed one of them, but the other two were hugely valuable experiences in their own right even if I hated everything while they were happening.

FS, I hope your kitty shows up soon :C

bluerun great job on the 2nd OA!

Boon and MBC, congrats on adding another Ironman finish to the list!

DavePNW

Yep.

Dave

From the Internet.

I think I have solved some of my weird stupid race headcase problem!

Ran Falmouth yesterday and it was just an absolute delight. I LOVE this race. Went in completely chill with zero expectations due to the logistics and weather and wouldn't you know, that also meant showing up to the start line not sick to my stomach!

Went with a whole group of friends and by some miracle we all made it to the same parking location at the same time via 3 separate cars and one Uber (not guaranteed for Falmouth, where parking gets super crazy!). Jogged 3/4 of a mile over to the buses at 7:30 for a 9 AM race start and that was the entire extent of my warmup. Between lack of proper warmup and the temps in the low 70s with dewpoints only a degree or two lower, I was ready to just take it easy and go by effort.

We saw the wheelchairs off, then the elite women, then the elite men, and then wave 1 was cleared for takeoff. I had a seeded bib but a good like, 30%+ of wave 1 definitely did not have the right bibs, and at least half of THOSE people rreeeeeally should have seeded themselves in a smarter, more considerate manner (like the walker who started right in front of my friend like 3 rows from the front??). No matter, I weaved and surged a bit for the first 1/4 mile or so, then settled in and it was smooth sailing from there.

This was the most fun I've had at a race in years, finally reminded me again why I do it! The crowds were awesome and I don't think I stopped smiling once. The course is great, just enough roll to keep things interesting, not enough climbing to hurt. I high fived a bunch of spectators and passed Bill Rodgers and ran through every sprinkler and hose I saw. One of my club friends was there spectating with her husband and kids and that was a nice boost, and one of my coaches was there toward the end too. The last quarter mile or so is insane, uphill and then down the final stretch to the chute. Wall to wall people lining the course here and cheering. I looooove this race.

Splits from my watch were 7:03, 7:19 (dropped my headband and had to go back for it), 7:09, 7:06, 7:07, 6:58, 6:39, 5:14 pace for the last few seconds/less than 0.1 mi. 49:46 chip time. REALLY happy with the strong finish over the last couple miles! Didn't really feel the effort until I picked it up with about 1.5 miles to go, and considering that I thought <49 might be reasonable for 7 miles on a perfect day, getting within less than a minute of that on a decidedly non-perfect day is great and I'm thrilled. 22 out of 812 in F30-34, 446 overall out of >11,000.

From the Internet.

Jogged my usual lake loop for a bit over 7 miles easy today. Legs are feeling fine. 78F/70F when I left the house and 85/75 when I got back  We are under a heat advisory now due to the dewpoint/heat index. Yay summer.