Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES! (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

My commute lasted 1.5 hours. For 13 miles. What the fuck?  When the express lanes cost more than $10 and it's not even 5pm, you know you are fucked.

Some people here can run it faster than that

LRB

My commute lasted 1.5 hours. For 13 miles. What the fuck?  When the express lanes cost more than $10 and it's not even 5pm, you know you are fucked.

That would be a great time if you were running 13 miles, driving not so much...and why are you paying to be stuck in traffic. 

onemile

I have caught the post marathon blahs. 

LRB

I have caught the post marathon blahs. 

Planning for a spring half or 10k may be the ticket, on that is before that other race.  The key there is the planning part, it occupies the mind...at least it does for me.  That is how I cope when I have the blues.

onemile

Planning for a spring half or 10k may be the ticket, on that is before that other race.  The key there is the planning part, it occupies the mind...at least it does for me.  That is how I cope when I have the blues.

It's more of a lack of motivation than feeling blue (if my blue sad face didn't make that clear).

I suppose I ought to pick out a goal race. I guess it has to be something before that other race.

LRB

It's more of a lack of motivation than feeling blue (if my blue sad face didn't make that clear).

Shit, get fat like I did.  After five weeks of gluttony I was more than motivated to get back at it. lol

Seriously though, some days I run, some days I do not.  I can take it either way and have not worried over it.  I have also not raced two events I had penciled in because mentally I just was not there yet.

DavePNW

I suppose I ought to pick out a goal race. I guess it has to be something before that other race.

Icebreaker!

Dave

onemile

Icebreaker!

Hell no.

(I actually run there sometimes in the winter.  I think I got up to 50 laps)

LRB

Icebreaker!

No, she is going to do a 5k like I have begging her to do since spring. 

onemile

No, she is going to do a 5k like I have begging her to do since spring. 

I want to do a 5k.  I was actually thinking to do one either Thanksgiving day or this weekend.  However, I don't think I'm really in 5k shape right now. And then there is winter racing to contend with.  So I am not sure.

Cyberic

Icebreaker!

443 meters. Better than the track I run on...

LRB

I want to do a 5k.  I was actually thinking to do one either Thanksgiving day or this weekend.  However, I don't think I'm really in 5k shape right now. And then there is winter racing to contend with.  So I am not sure.

It is a pickle, I am 5+ weeks removed and still am not sure I am ready, which is obviously all in my head.  I think I have been more afraid at not achieving some pseudo 5k time than anything else, sigh.

onemile

It is a pickle, I am 5+ weeks removed and still am not sure I am ready, which is obviously all in my head.  I think I have been more afraid at not achieving some pseudo 5k time than anything else, sigh.

At least you have done some workouts.  I haven't. I'm not really worried about not achieving my goal time because to be honest, I have failed to do that in every 5k that I have run since... fall of 2012.   

LRB

443 meters. Better than the track I run on...

11 laps for the 5k, that would be interesting...and painful.  Maybe we should all just posse up and go run it with One.  

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That would be a great time if you were running 13 miles, driving not so much...and why are you paying to be stuck in traffic. 

I don't take the express lanes (that's for Broward) but I have to drive the same direction for two miles to take the only one of two expressways going West.  Both have new extra tolls and both had bumper to bumper traffic.  It was a nightmare and has been like that for weeks thanks to construction.  If I were to take non-expressways home, it would take me 2+ hours to drive those 13 miles.

I only had time for 3 miles so 3 with hubby done.

Damaris