Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES are in a good mood (Read 40 times)

DavePNW

Is that the weather forecast for your race? 

Thank God no. Should be beautiful.

Dave

Good morning!

Baboon- Very cool. Congrats

onemile- nice workout yesterday. You have a race soon?

Easy 5 for me this am

Good luck this weekend racers!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

onemile

onemile- nice workout yesterday. You have a race soon?

Thanks. Indianapolis Monumental Marathon in 3 weeks.

RunningWithMyDog

Thank goodness it's Friday.

12.5 km home tonight.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

GC100k

Wife and I got invited to the USA Triathlon National Championships thanks to our age group wins in our August race.

That's so cool!

zzyzx

I hear ya.

Maybe I should have said someone but...

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The 2017 Evansville Half Marathon is tomorrow morning, I won't be "racing" it but considering it a long run.

Unless anything noteworthy happens, I won't be typing up an RR. My ego is still sore from last year's race when I went out way too fast and burnt my ass up halfway through, I don't care if I finish after 2 hours, just as long as I finish this one.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good afternoon runners! 7.3 miles @ 8:44 pace done. Last week's mileage was 15.4. This week I will probably be around 20 miles. I know its pathetic but I'm making progress. I'm tryin to vary my paces as well. 8:15 to 9:30. No speed work or any of that stuff yet. I've run a fastish mile here and there but that's about it.

Baboon congrats on the invitation and GL on your HM tomorrow.

GinnyinPA

Baboon - congratulations on the invitation. That is an honor, even if you don't go. One of our local runners was invited to Spartan Nationals last year. She's really good. However she couldn't afford the trip and the time off work. I felt badly for her, because she really wanted to do it. I think she finally just accepted it as being enough to earn the invitation, whether or not she made it to the competition.

FreeSoul - you could make your goal to simply be as consistent as you can and see how that works. (I'm like you, I always start out too fast and pay at the end.)

To all the weekend racers: have fun!

onemile

I ran 8

No more marathons

Traffic was the shits after work, so I decided to run at the office instead of starting the drive home to run at the local college.

Almost bagged the whole thing, but went out with the idea that even 2 would be better than nothing.  Ended up getting in 4.  So that's OK.

Babs - that's great news for you and the biker chick.  Getting the invite is pretty cool.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

DavePNW

I had a marathon dream the other night. It was at the start, and I was making sure not to go out too fast. But it was very congested and somehow I got stuck in the back with the walkers. I don't remember the rest of the race, except for the fact that I finished in 3:54. Ok then.

Dave

onemile

I had a marathon dream the other night. It was at the start, and I was making sure not to go out too fast. But it was very congested and somehow I got stuck in the back with the walkers. I don't remember the rest of the race, except for the fact that I finished in 3:54. Ok then.

anxiety dream

DavePNW

anxiety dream

One time before a race I dreamt that I showed up at the starting line and realized I had forgotten my shoes.

Dave

One time before a race I dreamt that I showed up at the starting line and realized I had forgotten my shoes.

I thought I was the only one who had awful pre race dreams like this. One time I showed up to a 5 k dressed like it was 50 below zero. I tore off my clothes and pinned my bib to my bare leg. Weird lol

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???