Beginners and Beyond

Soggy Mondailies on the 1st (Read 29 times)

DavePNW

I'll run 5 either today or tomorrow. Maybe with a few tempo miles, although I did some fast pickups yesterday so maybe I'll run tomorrow.  I hate the week of a race I actually to do well in. Am I running enough? Am I running too much? This is where a coach would probably come in handy to take the guesswork out lol

Who needs a coach when you have the forum?

I think the scheduled runs you show in your log for this week look pretty good. Maybe tomorrow do 5 miles with 2 at goal HM pace.

In general as they say, the hay is in the barn, so err on the side of less this week to make sure you show up healthy & fresh on race day.

There are others here who are way better at half marathoning than me who can provide further input.

Dave

LRB

See, I always feel crappy after a rest day and she wants me to do a workout on Tuesday and at this point maybe it's better to stick to business as usual??

When I ran speed on Tuesdays, some days I could handle it coming off the weekend and a rest day and other days I moved it to Wednesday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think the scheduled runs you show in your log for this week look pretty good. Maybe tomorrow do 5 miles with 2 at goal HM pace.

In general as they say, the hay is in the barn, so err on the side of less this week to make sure you show up healthy & fresh on race day.

There are others here who are way better at half marathoning than me who can provide further input.

I tend to not do well if I run too few miles.  Finding the balance that works best is, IMO, personal preference and practice until you get it right.

Damaris

DavePNW

FTR, last night I officially registered for my HM on Saturday. So here we go. Somebody please stop me from running the 15 on Wednesday.

Also registered for a 5k on 5/20. (Both had a 5/1 price increase.) Same race as my 20:09 PR last year. So...here we go. Obv I'd like the sub-20, but even sub-21 has been a struggle lately. Mid-20's is probably OK. But, one race at a time.

Dave

Runshortii

That is kind of what I was thinking. Thanks!

Onemile - Thanks! That does help.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

FTR, last night I officially registered for my HM on Saturday. So here we go. Somebody please stop me from running the 15 on Wednesday.

Also registered for a 5k on 5/20. (Both had a 5/1 price increase.) Same race as my 20:09 PR last year. So...here we go. Obv I'd like the sub-20, but even sub-21 has been a struggle lately. Mid-20's is probably OK. But, one race at a time.

Don't run the 15 on Wednesday!

Damaris

DavePNW

Onemile has already given me a stern warning as well. I think I may actually heed this time.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Onemile has already given me a stern warning as well. I think I may actually heed this time.

Good!

Damaris

LRB

Do what's natural to you (run the 15), otherwise, you'll have that awkward feeling that something is amiss. Like not having any underwear on. 

LRB

Good!

Don't you have a marathon to run in a far away land somewhere? 

DavePNW

Wait, didn't you just say you don't like to run too few miles in a race week?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't you have a marathon to run in a far away land somewhere? 

Not yet!  Waaahhh.  I have a HM this weekend and with hubby, so nothing to see pacewise. I wouldn't like to race this race with a 3 mile uphill.  Nope.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Wait, didn't you just say you don't like to run too few miles in a race week?

But also not too many, doh.

Damaris

onemile

You averaged 7:09 for your tempo run last week.  Just a thought.

MTA That is a 1:33:43 pace btw

Baboon

delicate flower

Did you happen to do eleven seconds of research this time to make sure the HM isn't up and down a mountain?

ETA third in your AG last year ran a 1:39:50, so we're expecting you to win a prize.

<3