Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are back in the groove (Read 37 times)

LRB

'Sup.

It's funny how I used loathe the belt, then over the years, got to a point where I viewed it for what it is; an alternative. No different than a alternate route or a different pair of shoes.

Anyway, I hopped on it this morning and got right to work. Where the time used to drag on forever, that is not the case once I'm in treadmill mode. 'Tis the season and I'm fine with it. #workworkworkworkworkwork

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 miles and weights tonight.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

It is really freaking cold.  I dug out a hat that I bought last year for piercing-friendly purposes, but never got to wear because it arrived in conjunction with my stress fracture.  I forgot that it has an integrated face mask.  It was the best thing ever!  I ran this route.

The point was really to test out WTF is up with my ankle.  Answer: still don't know.  I do, however, feel like an old creaky person, because this cold hurts my knees, dammit!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

RunningOnSand

Nice route, Blue Big grin Sorry about your ankle (and knees?).

Docket, it's amazing to me that you are able to get in such consistent workouts in the evening. If I don't run in the mornings, it just doesn't happen.

LRB, same. Although I really hate doing long runs on the TM. I'm about to go hit mine up for some speed work. 

LM, so glad your run didn't hurt you, and you had such a great experience at the doc! Pop pop pop.

I loved walking around in my new Ghosts yesterday...I'm going to try them for an easy run on Friday. Can't wait.

delicate flower

Hello, friends.  I think my nine day streak of coughing fits is finally fizzling out.  I actually slept through the night last night without walking up multiple times hacking out a lung.  This may have contributed to my better-than-usual swim this morning too.  2500 yards and I was rocking that schit.  My fastest swim in three months.  Bike workout tonight.

<3

oldfartrunner

Planning on 9 with some pace?  See what I feel like after I warmup.

Blue: Nice Menorah! ...I've been more achy in the cold too. Sad

Damaris: Have a good 8 and weights!

LRB: Yeah, a TM is just a training tool and you can get Q in you couldn't in the Winter if you didn't have one. Or if pressed for time.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice route, Blue Big grin Sorry about your ankle (and knees?).

Docket, it's amazing to me that you are able to get in such consistent workouts in the evening. If I don't run in the mornings, it just doesn't happen.

LRB, same. Although I really hate doing long runs on the TM. I'm about to go hit mine up for some speed work. 

LM, so glad your run didn't hurt you, and you had such a great experience at the doc! Pop pop pop.

I loved walking around in my new Ghosts yesterday...I'm going to try them for an easy run on Friday. Can't wait.

Oh, I can't run in the mornings (unless it's my day working from home).  I was on route to Broward by 6:30am today, for example, and I go to bed after midnight (I was working until then while watching the AL election results).  There is no way I can wake up early enough to run anything but 2-3 miles in the morning and then continue that for the whole week.  I have tried; I just can't with the hours I work and the stuff we do.

Damaris

Love the route blue!

I got 8 easy in this brutal cold.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Bert-o

I lost my rama

LRB - Go rock that belt!

Docket - Tanning in races.... hmmm.

bluerun - Nice route!  Yeah, my old bones get creaky in the cold.  Not fun.  RE - free solo.  Long story short - I was young and dumb (not much smarter now).  70 ft up a 140 ft route, Not a terribly hard route - 5.8ish.  Hit the crux and had to make a blind lunge for the next hold.  If I missed, it would have been splatters.  Obviously I made it, but it was a big enough "crap my pants" moment to give up free soloing for the rest of my life - in order to still have one.

ROS - I ran in the Ghosts the past 3 runs.  So far so good!  The only issue I have with them is that they're pretty wide and my Superfeet insoles don't fully cover the bottom.  We'll see if this becomes a blister issue when I get back to longer runs.  But thumbs up for now!

Baboon - Glad you're feeling better!  Nice swim.

OFR - Go take whatever your body gives you on that 9 today!  Interesting training feedback on the other thread.  I just started Jason Koop's book "Training Essentials for Ultrarunning".  It will be interesting to read about his methods.

Jay - Nice running in the freezer today!

I worked from home today b/c I have to pick up DW from the hospital this afternoon (minor scheduled surgery).  So I did 6 this morning.  19 degrees with 22 mpw winds.  I don't enjoy frozen man-bits.  I really don't. 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

hog4life

Dave’s comment yesterday has me thinking about the World Series, so, guess I should put my name in the hat. Thank you!

I’m hoping for a short run this afternoon. Maybe I’ll check out them New Brooks I bought at the Expo for $10

LRB

Oh, I can't run in the mornings (unless it's my day working from home).  I was on route to Broward by 6:30am today, for example, and I go to bed after midnight (I was working until then while watching the AL election results).  There is no way I can wake up early enough to run anything but 2-3 miles in the morning and then continue that for the whole week.  I have tried; I just can't with the hours I work and the stuff we do.

I agree. I have to be at work at 8:30. If it was any earlier (it used to be 8:00 at my last job), it would be much more difficult. It also helps that I can run and shower at work, which by itself, is an awesome fringe benefit.

bluerun

Super B****

bluerun - Nice route!  Yeah, my old bones get creaky in the cold.  Not fun.  RE - free solo.  Long story short - I was young and dumb (not much smarter now).  70 ft up a 140 ft route, Not a terribly hard route - 5.8ish.  Hit the crux and had to make a blind lunge for the next hold.  If I missed, it would have been splatters.  Obviously I made it, but it was a big enough "crap my pants" moment to give up free soloing for the rest of my life - in order to still have one.

Strictly a gym climber here -- I'll make it outdoors at some point, but I am NOT free soloing.  Hell, I don't even boulder indoors because I (read: my bones) hate the landings.  (I won't even attempt anything above a V4 because I know it will be too hard to downclimb.)

In the past two days I have ordered two pairs of shoes, neither of which I need, for a grand total that does not even reach $50.  Score?

chasing the impossible

zzyzx

Nice Menorah there!

Did my usual lifting and exercise bike on a wednesday. No time to log.

LRB

It is really freaking cold.  I dug out a hat that I bought last year for piercing-friendly purposes, but never got to wear because it arrived in conjunction with my stress fracture.  I forgot that it has an integrated face mask.  It was the best thing ever!  I ran this route.

That's pretty. Mine comes out as red, I think.

And being as OCD particular as you are, that could not have been your first try at that.

bluerun

Super B****

That's pretty. Mine comes out as red, I think.

And being as OCD particular as you are, that could not have been your first try at that.

It was!  I planned it out on ridewithgps first... and then I realized that I would be running through alleyways, which is minorly creepy and also very dark, so I bought a headlamp.   Also, I rotated that image.  I actually ran a mysteriously lit menorah that's lying on its side.  You can't even see the flames I ran, which is sad.  AND it's red on Garmin, blue on Strava.

chasing the impossible