Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES are back in the groove (Read 37 times)

LRB

It was!  I planned it out on ridewithgps first... and then I realized that I would be running through alleyways, which is minorly creepy and also very dark, so I bought a headlamp.   Also, I rotated that image.  I actually ran a mysteriously lit menorah that's lying on its side.  You can't even see the flames I ran, which is sad.  AND it's red on Garmin, blue on Strava.

Okay that explains it!

Cyberic

Hit the indoor track for a VO2Max workout. I was close to Max HR on that last one. 4 x (5 laps fast / 2 laps jog)

DavePNW

Back is doing generally better but far from 100%. Maybe not quite ready to run yet, but hopefully will give it a go within the next couple days. Since this has eliminated the chance of hitting either A or B goals for yearly mileage anyway, I'm taking my sweet time. Also now questioning a half I was considering in January. We'll see.

Dave

Cyberic

It is really freaking cold.  I dug out a hat that I bought last year for piercing-friendly purposes, but never got to wear because it arrived in conjunction with my stress fracture.  I forgot that it has an integrated face mask.  It was the best thing ever!  I ran this route.

The point was really to test out WTF is up with my ankle.  Answer: still don't know.  I do, however, feel like an old creaky person, because this cold hurts my knees, dammit!

I love GPS art Smile

RunningOnSand

Strictly a gym climber here -- I'll make it outdoors at some point, but I am NOT free soloing.  Hell, I don't even boulder indoors because I (read: my bones) hate the landings.  (I won't even attempt anything above a V4 because I know it will be too hard to downclimb.)

In the past two days I have ordered two pairs of shoes, neither of which I need, for a grand total that does not even reach $50.  Score?

Score!

And y'alls talk about climbing has ME shaking in my seat. Yikes. That would be a nothankyouverymuch on my end.

RunningOnSand

ROS - I ran in the Ghosts the past 3 runs.  So far so good!  The only issue I have with them is that they're pretty wide and my Superfeet insoles don't fully cover the bottom.  We'll see if this becomes a blister issue when I get back to longer runs.  But thumbs up for now!

I worked from home today b/c I have to pick up DW from the hospital this afternoon (minor scheduled surgery).  So I did 6 this morning.  19 degrees with 22 mpw winds.  I don't enjoy frozen man-bits.  I really don't. 

I'm happy to hear the Ghosts seem to be such awesome shoes. I'm really itching to try them out on Friday's run. And freezing your man bits...was it on here that someone posted that thread of the man who was complaining about a really hurting penis? Because of the cold? That is one benefit of being a woman...not bits to freeze. 

My workout was hard. I'm still kinda toast from last Saturday's hell workout and running in the snow on Monday. I did:

20 min up, 4x400 @ 7:00 pace (1:45) w/ = JR (which I nailed), and then it was supposed to be 2x800 @ 7:30mm pace (3:45) w/ =JR, and 1mi @ 8:00 pace. And then 10 min down. I didn't nail the 800s or mile, but I still worked my ass off and sometimes I think it's about effort and not hitting the paces. 7.3'ish miles down. Anyway, now I need to go pack up my house.

GinnyinPA

ROS - moving?

Blue - love the menorah. The roads where I live are not that straight, so it is hard to do artruns.

Runshortii

LRB - Same feelings. Heck i even managed 13 on that stupid thing. I don’t run with music outside though, but I do on the TM so it makes it a little better.

i ran 4 outside as an out and back. Last two miles at 7:54 and 7:36 or something like that. Was warmer, around 30, but still a nasty wind. At least the snow held off

oldfartrunner

Wow!  I had the fastest workout since I started running again!

3 up + strides, 14X200/200-1:15JR, 1x400, 2.5 DN= 9 total. Went 47 for the first two as a warmup, then all but one was 45-42, and one was 41! Finished with a 1:23, 400-to make sure it wasn't a fluke.  So that closing .90 @ 5:58 pace last weekend in the race was not just a fluke either I guess. Hammy feels about the same, so will just keep up the protocol and hope it eventually goes away. Smile

Berto: Hope DW is ok...Did similar thing when I was young. Up a cliff and couldn't get back down, by myself so had to jump for a handhold!  I didn't know G-d back then, but was praying to Him. ...Yeah, Koop is big on V02 Max too-from this, and speed work in base. Sounds like what I believe.  I pretty well have always trained all three systems, all year, and believe it is the best way to train for most runners.

http://www.therunnerstrip.com/2016/05/koop-book-review/

ROS: Nice work!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dave, glad you are feeling better.

blue, nice menorah.

I am finally back at the office, only to leave soon. Sigh.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Excellent workout, OFR.

Damaris

LRB

LRB - Same feelings. Heck i even managed 13 on that stupid thing. I don’t run with music outside though, but I do on the TM so it makes it a little better.

i ran 4 outside as an out and back. Last two miles at 7:54 and 7:36 or something like that. Was warmer, around 30, but still a nasty wind. At least the snow held off

I haven't had to do that yet, but if that's the deal, attack it. Otherwise, it's way worse than it is already.

LRB

Back is doing generally better but far from 100%. Maybe not quite ready to run yet, but hopefully will give it a go within the next couple days. 

Abandonment averted, as you drop this place like a bad habit when you're not running. Most do, though.

LRB

We're under a winter storm warning. It's been snowing for an hour and it isn't expected to let up until midnight. Wonderful.

bluerun

Super B****

We're under a winter storm warning. It's been snowing for an hour and it isn't expected to let up until midnight. Wonderful.

You said the s-word.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog