Beginners and Beyond

Tuesday Penguins (Read 17 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning Pens!

I have LASIK in 6 hours... eep.  Reading the consent form last night was fear inducing, even though I know the doctor I chose has consistently good results and I am a good candidate for LASIK.  If I don't post tomorrow, I'm probably completely blind or dead ;-)  I'm headed out to do some running soon to deal with the preLASIK stress.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates.

sapf, it will be fine!  They have to give you that consent form but it will be fine!  I was reading signs on my way home, that's how well it worked.  Expect some fuzzy views for a while (like you're in a dream).  I LOVE MINE!

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  DH is getting my car serviced this morning, so I came on in to work rather than hanging out with him at home, the way I usually do.  I confused my tech, he's not used to seeing me until about 9:30!  Not much news for me today, except that Maggie had her first vet visit yesterday.  She's feline leukemia and kitty AIDS negative, which is really good.  She's 5-6 months old, and she has an appointment to be spayed on Nov 24th.  We'll board her at the vet over Thanksgiving, so they'll be able to watch her after her surgery (and keep her QUIET!)

sapf -- good luck on your surgery!!  I'm sure everything will go just fine!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Docket!!  Enjoy Pilates!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

Sapf - good luck with the surgery and recovery.

D - enjoy your pilates tonight.  How are the lungs today?  When is your next race?

HM - since you went in to work early, will you leave early?

I'll probably do the weekly social run this evening.  DH has decided to start painting the interior of the house this week, at least a few rooms, so we'll be busy doing prep work.  Packing the books is likely to take a while.

PADRunner

Morning. Ran some this morning will run more with the group tonight.

Zelanie

Morning, everyone!  My dinner last night was fantastic.  Now I'm getting ready to head over to the workshop for today.

sapf- Good luck!

D- Morning!

HsM- Glad that Maggie is a healthy girl!

Ginny- Enjoy the social run, and getting the walls painted!  Are you picking some good colors?

PAD- Have a good double!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hope, good news about the new kitteh!

Ginny, enjoy the weekly social run.  My next marathon is Las Vegas.

PAD, LOL.  Mystery miles?

Z, enjoy the workshop.

Damaris

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Morning. Ran some this morning will run more with the group tonight.

Word is:  5min +1k....    so likely around 2700m (+)

hog4life

I hope to try for a slog this afternoon,  it will not be pretty!

Jill, hope the Lasik goes well. My wife had it done many years ago.

Brilliant

Hello penguins,

Damaris, is that the RnR night marathon?

Jill, good luck, I'm sure it will be fine!  And you'll never have to wear contacts again!

Hopesmom, smart to get the surgery done while boarding!  We did that once with our dog - I think it just saved us the cost of one night, but boarding is expensive so any bit helps.

Ginny, enjoy the social run.

PAD, Zel, and Mitch, are you being coy with the miles?  

I got my hair done today. Maybe I'll change my screen name to Blondie.     I missed being a blonde!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes!

Damaris

hog4life

Brill, I'm not hiding anything!  My team is out.

I walked 3.4, no jogging

GinnyinPA

Fun 4 mile run mostly on our short rail trail.  The beer running group keeps growing. There were over 40 this week.  Of course, 70 degrees and still daylight helps.  And ending at our popular local brewpub also helped. Soon we'll be doing the runs in the dark and cold, so it will be interesting to see how many people show up then.