Beginners and Beyond

What I dislike about Wednesday (Read 48 times)

onemile

Happy birthday Lily!  With legs like that you are still allowed to wear mini-skirts.  Here is some reading material for you today.  Link

happylily

Thank you, blue! :-)

haha, J., a friend of mine sent me that same article just a few days ago, after I was complaining about my loss of speed. Excellent reading, btw. Thanks for the wishes!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Baboon

delicate flower

Taper madness! All of it.  Have you had a short easy run that you could barely finish yet? Once you have, you'll have completed the process and be ready to kick some butt on Sunday!

That.  Perfectly normal.  Your body is in a state of repair.  If you felt fine, that would be a problem.

<3

From the Internet.

Happy birthday lily! You are 100% still allowed to wear, say, and do whatever you want!

DavePNW

Happy birthday lily! You are 100% still allowed to wear, say, and do whatever you want!

Even more so now! If you get to 50 & can't do what you want, what are you waiting for?

Happy birthday, and welcome to the glorious 50's!! I will say from the standpoint of running - my biggest disappointment was that from the standpoint of men's AG competitiveness, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Some fast old farts out there. But you have been kicking your AG's ass for a long time now, so you shouldn't see much difference.

Cy - happy tapering!

Dave

LRB

For my birthday, my SO bought me a giant fan for running in the garage. Just in time for winter! He also bought me a new black dress and new shoes, but he doesn't know it yet. He'll find out at the end of the month when he gets the statement. Big grin

lol

Happy birthday! That was a great post, all of it!

Zelanie

Happy 50th, Lily!  Love the dress!

LRB- Pfitz calls strides "dynamic hamstring stretches".  So if your hammies are grumpy, maybe that's a good track alternative?

11 tonight.  Might even go to the track, even though I'll be running slowly, just for the company.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Happy Birthday Lily!!!

Can somebody please tell my legs that I am a morning runner, damn it. This morning's run was achy, stiff and just blah... hoping the deep tissue massage tonight will help loosen things up. Chasing my son around all day sure can be tiresome.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

Happy birthday, Lily! And I'm not sure "happy" is the right description for those calves - holy legs, Batman! And I agree with the rest - wear what you want, say what you want, be who you are, because YOU are pretty awesome!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

bluerun

Super B****

Even more so now! If you get to 50 & can't do what you want, what are you waiting for?

Happy birthday, and welcome to the glorious 50's!! I will say from the standpoint of running - my biggest disappointment was that from the standpoint of men's AG competitiveness, it's not all it's cracked up to be. Some fast old farts out there. But you have been kicking your AG's ass for a long time now, so you shouldn't see much difference.

Cy - happy tapering!

That literally made me LOL.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Happy 50th, Lily!  Love the dress!

LRB- Pfitz calls strides "dynamic hamstring stretches".  So if your hammies are grumpy, maybe that's a good track alternative?

11 tonight.  Might even go to the track, even though I'll be running slowly, just for the company.

Thanks, that's good to know. I did as close to the intended workout as I possibly could without doing anything stupid.

I now have a massage scheduled for this afternoon to hopefully help with things. It's not with my normal MT but I feel this is important enough that I didn't care about that.

I am not overly concerned about it, just being cautious. Had today been an easy run this would all be a non-issue.

Zelanie

Thanks, that's good to know. I did as close to the intended workout as I possibly could without doing anything stupid.

I now have a massage scheduled for this afternoon to hopefully help with things. It's not with my normal MT but I feel this is important enough that I didn't care about that.

I am not overly concerned about it, just being cautious. Had today been an easy run this would all be a non-issue.

Sounds like you're taking reasonable precautions.  Glad the run went well, and hey- good luck this weekend! Wink

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happy Birthday Lily! Where whatever you like. Google Ernestine Shepperd (on my phone, can't link). I've seen her before at races, she rocks a sports bra in her late 70s!

LRB

Sounds like you're taking reasonable precautions.  Glad the run went well, and hey- good luck this weekend! Wink

Thanks. It would be nice to have even just a decent race (not even a PR FFS) for the first time in a year. But I just don't know if it will happen, sigh.

Mmmmm...beer

Finally got on the Strava bandwagon, this could be dangerous.  My long run route has several sections that are ranked (it's a very high use urban trail), I'm already in 2nd place for several sections, of course now I want to improve my rankings. LOL

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!