Beginners and Beyond

What I dislike about Wednesday (Read 48 times)

DavePNW

Can somebody please tell my legs that I am a morning runner, damn it. This morning's run was achy, stiff and just blah... hoping the deep tissue massage tonight will help loosen things up. Chasing my son around all day sure can be tiresome.

That is what being a morning runner is all about. Your legs don't give a shit, they just know it's morning. I don't think your body ever adapts to that. Mine never has.

Dave

delicate flower

That is what being a morning runner is all about. 

That, and PM.

<3

Mmmmm...beer

That is what being a morning runner is all about. Your legs don't give a shit, they just know it's morning. I don't think your body ever adapts to that. Mine never has.

Mine hasn't, I always run better in the afternoon/evening.  I think part of it is waking up, and part of it is optic flow, studies have shown that perceived effort is higher when it's dark.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Miraculously, I actually do quite well. But of course I'm up for 90 minutes beforehand surfing the 'net, and what not. Big grin

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

But mine just started this crap dang it, I am barely 28 (cries) 

Usually I am tired by the evening, hmmmm, stupid body wants to drive me crazy. Then again, I didn't foam roll last night or this morning before my run, I am usually up and out the door within 30 minutes. My body used to love morning runs, I was my freshest then.... until now 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Mmmmm...beer

Miraculously, I actually do quite well. But of course I'm up for 90 minutes beforehand surfing the 'net, and what not. Big grin

If I had 90 minutes before heading out the door I'd be good to go, it's getting up and heading straight out that's rough. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

My body used to love morning runs, I was my freshest then.... until MARATHON 

Allow me to correct yourself. lol

LRB

If I had 90 minutes before heading out the door I'd be good to go, it's getting up and heading straight out that's rough. lol

I sacrifice my nights to make it happen. And trust me, some nights I DO NOT want to crash early but it's the only way to make the whole stupid thing work FFS.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Allow me to correct yourself. lol

Lol what does that mean. I ran mornings last year during my first with no issues. I think I started this training with issues though.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

workinprogress11

Happy birthday, Lily!  You look amazing and can wear whatever you damn well please. I beat you into the 50-54 age group by 4 months. It's the only race with you I will ever win 

onemile

Lol what does that mean. I ran mornings last year during my first with no issues. I think I started this training with issues though.

I think what that means is during MRT you never feel fresh.  Except, I'm not sure if you're running enough for that.

DavePNW

That, and PM.

Amen, brother.

Dave

LRB

I think what that means is during MRT you never feel fresh.  Except, I'm not sure if you're running enough for that.

And if you're feeling fresh during MRT, as someone who knows much more about running than I do once said, "Give it a few more weeks." lol

Cyberic

Bonne fête lily,

You're funny, you're pretty and you BQ every time you race. I'd ask you to marry me, but I won't, because you already said you prefer oatmeal stories to my girl stories. 

I said I did not believe in taper madness, but I gotta admit I have weird thoughts going through my mind.

Two days ago, I was a bit winded coming up from my basement. There are maybe 10-15 stairs. Doubts.

Soreness in my left hammy and under my right foot, and in my right knee when I run easy. Doubts.

Woke up in the middle of the night with Achilles soreness. Doubts.

Temperature forecast. Doubts.

I run less, but in a sense I feel more tired in the morning. Doubts.

I'm usually always looking for a good laugh at work, with DW and with the kids. I'm more serious this week.

But no, I have not felt the difficulty finishing a short run yet.

LRB

CHIPOTLE!

I just ate nine hundred and eighty seven thousand grams of protein.