Beginners and Beyond

What I dislike about Wednesday (Read 48 times)

Little Blue

Happy birthday, Lily!  And welcome to the AG!  There seem to be very few of us *ahem* mature *ahem* ladies here, so it's good to have company!  Although I'll take great pains to never be in the same race as you, because hahahaha I'm toast.

DavePNW

Happy birthday, Lily!  And welcome to the AG!  There seem to be very few of us *ahem* mature *ahem* ladies here, so it's good to have company!  

Well interestingly, there seem to be more women in their 50's who hang out here than men in their 50's. Although a couple guys in the next AG up.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I think what that means is during MRT you never feel fresh.  Except, I'm not sure if you're running enough for that.

I am not, I was running way more last year than I am now. This whole year has been challenging, I thought I was A-OK during Spring, even after the back to back HMs in April and when I started training, but this......  I should've stuck to my 19 week plan instead of whining about the heat, but can't change that. Hopefully it isn't serious and a few massages before the IMM will help. But I promised my body 2 weeks of no running if it will carry me through the race, and I mean it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Well interestingly, there seem to be more women in their 50's who hang out here than men in their 50's. Although a couple guys in the next AG up.

My how soon we forget those we just left FFS.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Well, somewhere!  Working from home today since I am off on Friday.  I ran 16 with 3 outside as a warmup (it was only 87F/77DP), 10 @ 10:10 and the last 3 @ 9:14, on the TM.  Then went to court on the phone and just finished and I am ESU and later DSU.

It is clear my coach does not expect me to do well on Sunday because THIS above left me very sore.  In a good way.  But after tomorrow's run, my legs will be toast.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FELLOW VIRGO, JULIE!!!!!  You do not look 50, neither 40!

Damaris

DavePNW

My how soon we forget those we just left FFS.

Onward & upward! You'll be joining us soon enough.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

So, today is my birthday and I only mention it because, after teasing Dave about his new AG, and since I'm about to do the same to Damaris on the 20th, I think it's only fair to expose myself to your derision. So go ahead, make fun of me... Yes, today I turn 50, and gone are the bikinis, the running bras, and the mini-skirts. I promise that from now on, I will behave in a way that befits my venerable age.

If women like Christie Brinkley can still wear bikinis, there's no reason you can't if you so desire. They've got nothing on you, besides they've never qualified for Boston even once.

P.S. Happy Birthday.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                        05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Brilliant

{briefly stepping out of the Daily lurk}

Happy Happy Birthday Lily!  And I'm so relieved you're out of my AG.  

onemile

I am not, I was running way more last year than I am now. This whole year has been challenging, I thought I was A-OK during Spring, even after the back to back HMs in April and when I started training, but this......  I should've stuck to my 19 week plan instead of whining about the heat, but can't change that. Hopefully it isn't serious and a few massages before the IMM will help. But I promised my body 2 weeks of no running if it will carry me through the race, and I mean it.

Like LRB said, there are still 8 weeks to go.  Which sounds like both a lot and not much, at the same time.

onemile

I said I did not believe in taper madness, but I gotta admit I have weird thoughts going through my mind.

Two days ago, I was a bit winded coming up from my basement. There are maybe 10-15 stairs. Doubts.

Soreness in my left hammy and under my right foot, and in my right knee when I run easy. Doubts.

Woke up in the middle of the night with Achilles soreness. Doubts.

Temperature forecast. Doubts.

I run less, but in a sense I feel more tired in the morning. Doubts.

I'm usually always looking for a good laugh at work, with DW and with the kids. I'm more serious this week.

But no, I have not felt the difficulty finishing a short run yet.

This is the only reason I have been teasing you a bit. 

But it is true, all of this is normal and no you are not immune to the taper!  And I really do think it's part of the fun.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Like LRB said, there are still 8 weeks to go.  Which sounds like both a lot and not much, at the same time.

True, but I still feel like I didn't start this training off on the right foot..... last year just felt perfect and smart. And I had kept my mileage up all winter feeling great after my first sub 2 hour at IMM in 20 13.  Winter wasn't kind to me this last time 

Technically 8 weeks til the race, but 6 weeks (or 7 for some ) til taper.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

onemile

True, but I still feel like I didn't start this training off on the right foot..... last year just felt perfect and smart. And I had kept my mileage up all winter feeling great after my first sub 2 hour at IMM in 20 13.  Winter wasn't kind to me this last time 

Technically 8 weeks til the race, but 6 weeks (or 7 for some ) til taper.

6 weeks? When you put it that way... 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

6 weeks? When you put it that way... 

Lol, I just wish it would get here so I can suffer and suck then finally relax for 2-3 weeks. Doesn't that sound like a winner  lol 

PRs

bluerun

Super B****

Is it mean for me to say that I'm suddenly feeling very glad that I'm not doing a fall marathon?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog