Beginners and Beyond

What I dislike about Wednesday (Read 48 times)

onemile

Is it mean for me to say that I'm suddenly feeling very glad that I'm not doing a fall marathon?

:shrug: I'm not particularly regretting signing up (at this moment)

DavePNW

Lol, I just wish it would get here so I can suffer and suck then finally relax for 2-3 weeks. Doesn't that sound like a winner  lol 

NO. Trust me.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

:shrug: I'm not particularly regretting signing up (at this moment)

I've never regretted it during training, actually.  I usually start the "WTF was I thinking" litany around mile 15.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I've never regretted it during training, actually.  I usually start the "WTF was I thinking" litany around mile 15.

I've never regretted it during the race itself.

bluerun

Super B****

I've never regretted it during the race itself.

I might not either, if I ever have the opportunity to run a marathon without being terribly under-trained and injured!  Running a good race probably helps.

chasing the impossible

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Lol bluerun and Dave. Dave your misery gives me strength. Honestly I prefer Fall marathons to any other time, it feels much better to train in horrendous heat then race in (hopefully ) cooler to cold weather than it does to train in cold weather then race in cool to warm or even hot weather.

Or at least that is how I feel.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Lol bluerun and Dave. Dave your misery gives me strength. Honestly I prefer Fall marathons to any other time, it feels much better to train in horrendous heat then race in (hopefully ) cooler to cold weather than it does to train in cold weather then race in cool to warm or even hot weather.

Or at least that is how I feel.

Well ... there's another point.  I've never run a fall marathon.

chasing the impossible

LRB

Is it mean for me to say that I'm suddenly feeling very glad that I'm not doing a fall marathon?

For all of my incessant bitching about running long and high mileage, I actually enjoy the challenge of MRT, the race, and everything that is the fall running season. But most of all I enjoy climbing into that starting corral on race day morning. For as tough as it can be to race them stupid things, and for as small as the margin of error for success is, there is no other place on earth I would rather be...relatively speaking of course.

LRB

I am done with my massage, or I should say my massage is done with me. lol

I had Cynthia today, a 26 year veteran. Let's just say she is not the shy type! Home girl was up in my ass like Betty Crocker pounding out biscuits from dough. 

It was a great session though, I'm glad I had the sense to set it up. I'll keep my Saturday session as scheduled which should just be therapeutic if recovery goes as planned.

LRB

Well ... there's another point.  I've never run a fall marathon.

If you are going to continue to run them, do yourself a favor and do that. If for no other reason than to know if you will hate it as worse. lol

bluerun

Super B****

If you are going to continue to run them, do yourself a favor and do that. If for no other reason than to know if you will hate it as worse. lol

Well.  Apparently I'm doing NYCM next year. 

chasing the impossible

onemile

I find training for a spring marathon to be much more difficult than training for a fall marathon. It's a huge struggle to convince myself to run more than 8 miles in training during the week in the winter when it's frigid, dark and windy.  I'd rather get up early to avoid the heat than to try to do a long run when the roads are all covered with snow.  I'd rather wear shorts and a tank top than 3 layers of tops and 2 layers of bottoms.  And I'd so much rather run on my normal bike path than loops around the neighborhood because my path is covered in a foot of snow.

LRB

Well.  Apparently I'm doing NYCM next year. 

Pretty sure I wouldn't run it next fall anyway but they lowered the standard and I still couldn't qualify, sniffle.

Lily has though, and that was under the old standard which was much tougher FFS.

bluerun

Super B****

Qualify?  HA!  I'm doing 9+1.  Only one race left to go!

I'm in denial about winter.  Not happening.  (I'm curious to see how I do in the 5K in cooler temperatures, though.  I suspect I am better in the heat.)

chasing the impossible

onemile

Pretty sure I wouldn't run it next fall anyway but they lowered the standard and I still couldn't qualify, sniffle.

Lily has though, and that was under the old standard which was much tougher FFS.

I wanted to NYCMQ this year but it doesn't look like that will happen.

(I wouldn't run it either)