Beginners and Beyond

What I dislike about Wednesday (Read 48 times)

LRB

Mine is 7:01. I'd like to think I can run a few miles at that pace at least. 

I'm sure you'll hang a gang of them bitches. 10 at least.

What do you do for a warm-up?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Wound up staying at work late and just not feeling it. Rest day.

LRB

I realize I am a freak and in the minority here... but that temperature looks absolutely perfect to me.

Yes, one can do a lot worse than 51. The question is how rapidly will that rise during the race.  My first  marathon went from 55 at the start to 70 by the halfway point. Yeah. Suck.

onemile

I'm sure you'll hang a gang of them bitches. 10 at least.

What do you do for a warm-up?

I usually do somewhere around 1.5-2 miles with some strides

onemile

I ran ~9 miles with

1 mile at 10k effort

5 minutes recovery and then

8x400 at 5k effort with 90 second recoveries.

Fun workout.

Cyberic

I realize I am a freak and in the minority here... but that temperature looks absolutely perfect to me.

I will be running medium easy-hard for 3:15 - 3:25 . Cooler temps would be better for me. But it's September in Montreal, and it could be much much worse. Last year I was running the half, and started in the 2nd corral, so I was done by 10:10, but for those running the full in, say 4:30, starting in the 15th corral or so, it was like 85 degrees when they finished, under a full sun, and rather humid.

So although I don't share the word "perfect" with you, I'm damn happy with what I will be running in (if it stays that way)

bluerun

Super B****

Yes, one can do a lot worse than 51. The question is how rapidly will that rise during the race.  My first  marathon went from 55 at the start to 70 by the halfway point. Yeah. Suck.

My first one started at 70° and 85% humidity (at 7 AM).  That sucked.

The second one started around 50°, ended around 70°, and it was glorious.  Never felt too warm.  But I did freeze at the start line.  See?  Freak. 

I wonder whether all of those studies that come up with "ideal marathon temperatures" apply to everyone across the board.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

I wonder whether all of those studies that come up with "ideal marathon temperatures" apply to everyone across the board.

Absolutely not. I would be perfectly fine with a 30 degree start and finish temp for a marathon. There aren't many people who would agree with that nonsense. lol

LRB

I ran ~9 miles with

1 mile at 10k effort

5 minutes recovery and then

8x400 at 5k effort with 90 second recoveries.

Fun workout.

You smoked that run. Were you wearing a cowgirl hat and stirrups? lol

LRB

I usually do somewhere around 1.5-2 miles with some strides

Mine is a point to point race which means a bus ride and disruption to my normal routine. I'm not exactly sure what I'll be able to run this year.

LRB

I've been eating shit up all day! Now I'm thinking a peanut butter and honey sandwich would be perfect to finish the night off. Big grin

Oh, today was the volleyball tournament at work. I didn't go to watch, I brought my tired ass home instead.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My PR was in 42F and hardly any humidity (well, high humidity for y'all).  I run in shitty weather all the time; I've never been able to run my best in this shit so 70F is not ideal for running a marathon, especially if yours is going to take 4+ hours.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Absolutely not. I would be perfectly fine with a 30 degree start and finish temp for a marathon. There aren't many people who would agree with that nonsense. lol

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Don't knock it till you try it, just sayin'.

LRB

Wound up staying at work late and just not feeling it. Rest day.

A rest day scheduled you? Cool.