Beginners and Beyond

Sink or Swim WednesDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

I did 5 minutes on the elliptical to warm up then jogged for 20 minutes on the belt. I stared at the display intently without blinking for like the first 3 minutes because I think I was scared I would fall over if I looked up. lol

I had no issues. Now to get through an 8 hour workday without tweaking the stupid thing!

onemile

Indeed. We are running lifers here, this bunch. 

Except for Bluesky 

onemile

5 very slow.

How are you feeling?

onemile

LRB

Except for Bluesky 

After about a week to 10 days of that nonsense he'll be jonesing like a crack head. lol

onemile

They just opened a gym in the building where I work a couple months ago.  This morning I signed up for locker room access. I was thinking to try to run either before work at work or during an extended lunch break....there is a nice running path along lake michigan only a block from my office

onemile

After about a week to 10 days of that nonsense he'll be jonesing like a crack head. lol

Time will tell 

LRB

They just opened a gym in the building where I work a couple months ago.  This morning I signed up for locker room access. I was thinking to try to run either before work at work or during an extended lunch break....there is a nice running path along lake michigan only a block from my office

Awesome. Having shower facilities at work and in my case a gym and a trail opens up a world of possibilities. It's a perk like no other!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well you probably shouldn't be doing leg extensions and leg curls then.

It only happens during the running, or even walking. Or anytime I have to put the foot down on the ground, laying down doing bicycle crunches don't bother my knee to bend it and extend it, sitting  and bending it or extending it doesn't either but the walking/running part does. Though it didn't bother me yesterday and it ain't bothering me today.... my quads and hammies are still a little sore but not as awful as yesterday.

And I am still partially blaming that 5 miles pushing a stroller with the left tire completely flat... because that is when it started bugging me and ever since......stupid fucking stroller....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

How are you feeling?

Eerie sense of calm. As ready as I'm gonna be. On race day I will have whatever I have; satisfied with the hay in the barn, but you never know what kind of mood the marathon gods will be in. Mostly dreading the ~6 hr drive. Although DW decided to come with, which will be greatly appreciated on the trip home. (Although it will now add a stop to see her mom, either for dinner the night before or lunch after.)

Dave

onemile

Awesome. Having shower facilities at work and in my case a gym and a trail opens up a world of possibilities. It's a perk like no other!

It is $10 per month for use of the locker rooms/ showers.   The gym is only $25/month and includes all the classes so I was tempted to sign up for that but I know I probably won't actually use it.

onemile

Eerie sense of calm. As ready as I'm gonna be. On race day I will have whatever I have; satisfied with the hay in the barn, but you never know what kind of mood the marathon gods will be in. Mostly dreading the ~6 hr drive. Although DW decided to come with, which will be greatly appreciated on the trip home. (Although it will now add a stop to see her mom, either for dinner the night before or lunch after.)

You put in the training so you should be calm and you definitely are ready!

LRB

It is $10 per month for use of the locker rooms/ showers.   The gym is only $25/month and includes all the classes so I was tempted to sign up for that but I know I probably won't actually use it.

Yeah we don't need any stinking classes, unless it's a subject on running intervention. lol

LRB

What are your marathon times if you don't mind posting them. I know you've lopped off a big ass chunk over the years and it might be time to cut even deeper. 👍

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You put in the training so you should be calm and you definitely are ready!

+1

Damaris