Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 58 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

D (and Dave), sorry you guys are dealing with crappy air and crappy breathing 

Well, after last night's hike/slow run and no noticeable soreness or ache afterwards, I felt in good spirits going to bed. I woke up this morning with barely any noticeable ache, when the last few days as soon as I get out of bed I almost fall over because my right leg hurts so much up in the top where the quad meets the pelvis. This morning, it was just a little sore but I foam rolled and then took the doggies to the woods for a very easy 3.2 miles, still a little sore in spots but I am still feeling hopeful that icing and foam rolling is going to keep helping. After getting home from the 15-20 minute drive, I got out the Tahoe and felt nothing whatsoever so even better news Smile

And then it was off to the gym for Biceps, Triceps and Chest

Standing Barbell Curls: 60lbsX8reps, 45lbsX12reps, 60lbsX8reps, 45lbsX12reps, 60lbsX6reps, 60lbsX6reps
    Triceps Overhead: 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX8reps, 25lbsX12reps, 27.5lbsX8reps, 27.5lbsX8reps
    Fly Delts: 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps, 75lbsX12reps, 80lbsX8reps
    Standing Triceps Cable Pull Downs: 5 sets / 12 reps / 70 lbs
    Concentration Dumbbell Curls: 22.5lbsX10reps, 25lbsX7reps, 22.5lbsX10reps, 25lbsX8reps, 27.5lbsX5reps, 27.5lbsX5reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Good morning, all of you beautiful (and sick) people.  Today I have a day off from running.  BOOOOOO, lame.  Got up early with the spousal unit though and hit the pool for some laps.  55 minute, 1 mile slow swim, because that is the only speed I know.  I'll get working that.  At least my endurance has come a long way.  Stopped for gas on the way into work and picked up a delicious GAS STATION coffee.      

55 minutes swim = 3 hours run

DavePNW

Good morning, all of you beautiful (and sick) people.  Today I have a day off from running.  BOOOOOO, lame.  Got up early with the spousal unit though and hit the pool for some laps.  55 minute, 1 mile slow swim, because that is the only speed I know.  I'll get working that.  At least my endurance has come a long way.  Stopped for gas on the way into work and picked up a delicious GAS STATION coffee.      

You forgot to add .

Probably no worse than the Dunkin Donuts coffee that seems to be all you can get anywhere in NE.

Dave

onemile

Yo. Bad news is I've been up since 3:00; good news is that it's not due to inability to breathe, just normal insomnia. Definitely improved, but not terribly optimistic about being race-ready in 48 hrs. We'll see how it goes.

Happy Friday.

But did you have pie for breakfast at least?

DavePNW

But did you have pie for breakfast at least?

Ha. For some reason I did not. I am pretty sure my wife did though, that is automatic for her whenever we have pie.

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy weather after work yesterday in San Antonio. I went for a run/walk in Hardberger Park. It was nice until about the halfway point and then BOOM! Thunder and flashes of lightning. Incentive for speedwork, lol. With a half mile to go, it rained on me lightly. After I got back to my car it then REALLY opened up. Good timing, lol. I ended up with 3 miles. The drive home was NUTS. The park is only about 15 minutes from where I live...but it took me an HOUR to get home because of all the crazy traffic - accidents everywhere and traffic lights out all over the place - since I had to take a VERY round-about way to get home.  Nutso out there! I was so glad to get home safely!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

I want to eat a mountain of food, but have zero idea of what exactly to eat. 

LRB

AlterG 8.

I had a dream (NIGHTMARE) that I went to Israel to run Jerusalem... and apparently forgot to register for the race.

What's more likely is you registering for conflicting events on the same day. Tongue

bluerun

Super B****

What's more likely is you registering for conflicting events on the same day. Tongue

That never happens because I always have to check the calendar to make sure it doesn't fall out on some stupid holiday!  So I'd notice something like that

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

I want to eat a mountain of food, but have zero idea of what exactly to eat. 

I made hummus last night.  With jalapenos.

LRB

You forgot to add .

Probably no worse than the Dunkin Donuts coffee that seems to be all you can get anywhere in NE.

In a pinch, I can usually get a tolerable cup from Speedway believe it or not.

LRB

I made hummus last night.  With jalapenos.

Hmm, if I go Middle Eastern, I can eat a gang of warm fresh bread to go with my meal. That's one way to carb up for some tough weekend running!

LRB

I shall run 6-7 later on.

How's the taper going? Mad or glad?

Why is there always smoke in Miami D?

Are you ready to crush your race blue?

Epilating Basya? That's funny.

Only 25.2 more of those 4:45's Step and you could the Olympic marathon. lol

Hi Z. Hill sprints and strides? That's different. Hopefully it goes well for you.

Boon, do you do anything in the pool to simulate open water swimming? Or do you just swim in open water for that?

Can never be too careful Lauren. lol Are you running today?

Have you gone to the doc about your pain FS?

LRB

Crazy weather after work yesterday in San Antonio. I went for a run/walk in Hardberger Park. It was nice until about the halfway point and then BOOM! Thunder and flashes of lightning. Incentive for speedwork, lol. With a half mile to go, it rained on me lightly. After I got back to my car it then REALLY opened up. Good timing, lol. I ended up with 3 miles. The drive home was NUTS. The park is only about 15 minutes from where I live...but it took me an HOUR to get home because of all the crazy traffic - accidents everywhere and traffic lights out all over the place - since I had to take a VERY round-about way to get home.  Nutso out there! I was so glad to get home safely!

This reminds me of being in Vegas when it rained once, it was total chaos. People were hitting poles and driving off roads and shit, and it wasn't really raining all that hard.

Cyberic

How's the taper going? Mad or glad?

Very glad. Ran 7 miles, easy, and they felt as they are supposed to feel: easy. Pace was 8:15. Checked afterwards, did not mind while running.  My legs do not feel springy yet. That might happen after this coming weekend in which I'll only run 16 miles total.

I do get anxiety moments at times, They are not tapered related, but less than 10 days to M day related.

MTA: I get those anxiety moments before I need to talk in front of an audience, before I have to play music in front of people... They will get more frequent as M- day approaches.