Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 58 times)

LRB

Am I supposed to accept that as a challenge?!

Well, you are the adventurous sort. lol

Try one sometime, it's really a tasty drink when properly made.

Little Blue

You've proven to be a killer on the race course, THE RACE SHOULD BE SCARED OF YOU!

Bluerun is the Chuck Norris of the women's division.

Everyone over the age of 30 should have at least one good Mai Tai story.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Which reminds me...I am off to make a martini.

6 TM miles done. It is still 99F heat index.

Damaris

onemile

15 C (minimum) = 59 F

22 C (maximum) = 71.6 F

28 C (feels like) = 82.4 F

Not catastrophic, but far from ideal.

71F, feels like 82F?  That seems like too big of a jump - it must be going to be really humid? What is the DP?

onemile

I ran 9 easy.  I wore a long sleeve shirt and I was cold because my legs didn't want to go fast enough to warm me up.

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.5 with a fast finish. I did part of my run along the Parkville Path of Honor. Not my pictures, but this is it.

The pictures don't do it justice, the road is not flat & is winding, so you can't see that it is about 3/4 mile of flags on both sides of the street, and on both sides of the sidewalk. Each flag represents a life lost on 9/11.

Lauren, were the firefighters at least hot? Haven't had the fire department come, but have had 2 false alarms with the home security system.

LRB

I ran 9 easy.  I wore a long sleeve shirt and I was cold because my legs didn't want to go fast enough to warm me up.

Yeah running easy versus racing in cool temps are two different animals.  Did you ever get a chance to try out your capris from last fall?

onemile

Yeah running easy versus racing in cool temps are two different animals.  Did you ever get a chance to try out your capris from last fall?

I wore them a few times for training runs.  I still don't really like capris. But now I have a pair with enough pockets to fit 4 gels. Just in case.

LRB

I wore them a few times for training runs.  I still don't really like capris. But now I have a pair with enough pockets to fit 4 gels. Just in case.

Enough for a marathon, kewl. Speaking of them stupid things, Imma try a GU (or 2 if I'm lucky) during the MP portion of my run this weekend.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Took me a shot of Jim Beam's Devil's Cut (90 proof) and am now drinking...... something, Jim Beam's Hardcore Cider mixed with a little bit of cranapple juice, I'm feeling pretty damn good. I think I could go run 20 miles right now lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

7.5 with a fast finish. I did part of my run along the Parkville Path of Honor. Not my pictures, but this is it.

The pictures don't do it justice, the road is not flat & is winding, so you can't see that it is about 3/4 mile of flags on both sides of the street, and on both sides of the sidewalk. Each flag represents a life lost on 9/11.

Lauren, were the firefighters at least hot? Haven't had the fire department come, but have had 2 false alarms with the home security system.

Very moving.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

Enough for a marathon, kewl. Speaking of them stupid things, Imma try a GU (or 2 if I'm lucky) during the MP portion of my run this weekend.

Good luck!  I am planning to do my LR tomorrow.

Cyberic

71F, feels like 82F?  That seems like too big of a jump - it must be going to be really humid? What is the DP?

Yeah, well only "those kind" of web sites give 14 days forecasts, you know, the kind that always give impressive "feels like" temps. The Canadian weather, the good one, don't try to predict that much in advance, and they're the ones where I get my DP figures, so I dunno.

LRB

Good luck!  I am planning to do my LR tomorrow.

I am planning on getting it out of the way tomorrow as well, making Sunday's run like a walk in the park!

Hopefully I don't asphyxiate myself, there is always a period where I'm not breathing while trying to swallow them God awful things.

LRB

Bluerun is the Chuck Norris of the women's division.

Everyone over the age of 30 should have at least one good Mai Tai story.

What's yours?