Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #264 (Read 29 times)

4 dirt over bumps, four out and backs via headlamp and flashlight... everything seems okay and with 442’e that’s a full test for me.

Half Crazy K 2.0

What an utter and total cluster fuck. When I saw no chip timing. I should have gone home. Mass start. The second people crossed the start, masks were ripped off. Some asshole threw a mask down around mile 1. I had to tell a little kid 3ither pass me and stay ahead or stay behind,  but you need to stay 6 feet after about the 4th time he slowed, i passed, he sped up, etc. And the icing on the shit cake is the course was marked poorly and I took a wrong fucking turn so technically I DNFed.

The park path was maybe 6 feet.  I pulled my buff up to pass. No one else did.

LRB

What an utter and total cluster fuck.

That sums up the year quite well. Sorry.

LRB

It was 42 and sunny when I woke up and it's about 52 right now. I feel like I should be running super long or preparing to run MP at a half marathon somewhere. Instead I'm not doing either and not even running at all. :two thumbs down:

DavePNW

What an utter and total cluster fuck. When I saw no chip timing. I should have gone home. Mass start. The second people crossed the start, masks were ripped off. Some asshole threw a mask down around mile 1. I had to tell a little kid 3ither pass me and stay ahead or stay behind,  but you need to stay 6 feet after about the 4th time he slowed, i passed, he sped up, etc. And the icing on the shit cake is the course was marked poorly and I took a wrong fucking turn so technically I DNFed.

The park path was maybe 6 feet.  I pulled my buff up to pass. No one else did.

Well that sucks but it’s pretty much what I’d expect. Even with the best laid plans, once people start running it’s out of control.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HCK, I felt like that at yesterday's race. We can take our masks off after we start, which is fine with me, but there were 800 runners and I felt a bit uncomfortable.

Took a sleeping pill and blew my HM today and slept for 11 hours. After two night of no sleep, it was worth it.

Now I wanted to go to Yolk for breakfast to celebrate my 45th but hubby didn't listen and he ate breakfast before I woke up, so he better get me ice cream after lunch, damn it.

Damaris

DavePNW

Now I wanted to go to Yolk for breakfast to celebrate my 45th but hubby didn't listen and he ate breakfast before I woke up, so he better get me ice cream after lunch, damn it.

What about second breakfast? Clearly not a runner, or a Hobbit.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

On a real keyobard now. There were maybe 40 people in the 5k. Supposed to seed based on finish time. Options were 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 minutes. RD did look at kids in fromt row and said you plan on running this in 20 minutes? Not that it mattered, to really get the spacing, it should have been by pace--6mm, 7mm, etc. And chip timed so you can spread the start out over a few minutes.

The path was maybe 6 feet wide. Grass on the sides, sometimes it was rather sloped or weeds to the side, so kinda hard to jump off to really have aduquate passing space.

Here is the wrong turn. Things you need to know, white is 10k, pink is 5k. Early in the race, you ran from the left hand side of the first picture and stayed with the path to your left (so heading left to right in this image. You looped around the park and then came to this T somewhere after mile 3.

Same place, looking right:

Zoomed to the left:

This T is also where I got annoyed with the kid. After the 2nd and 3rd time I passed him, I would slow to a walk so he could get a good 20-30 feet ahead of me. Each time, he then slowed down, so when I started running again, I would catch up. Then he'd speed up, etc.

Strava shows 2 runners. One had 4.26 miles and the other 3.97. All start at 8:05, so I assume race? If so, it adds to the WTF. I know I came to the finish line a totally different direction from everyone else.

sdWhiskers

HCK: unfortunately, not at all surprised. RDs can be incompetent and participants think its their God given right to do whatever the f they want to.

You were using it as a TT though (I think)...were you happy with your splits?

sdWhiskers

Only 3 miles. Giant blister on bottom of my foot for the past week and after 12 miles plus running hard yesterday, it is not happy.

Half Crazy K 2.0

HCK: unfortunately, not at all surprised. RDs can be incompetent and participants think its their God given right to do whatever the f they want to.

You were using it as a TT though (I think)...were you happy with your splits?

I just marked it as a time trial because I want to forget it ever happened as a race. It was meant to be a PR attempt.

KCRuns

HCK, that really sucks, I’m sorry!

I did 4.7 this morning. Temp was the same as yesterday, so I wore a long sleeve with my skirt since it was the perfect choice yesterday. I could have worn short sleeve today, there was no wind when I got to the lake and apparently that is the difference maker. ‘Tis the season for guessing wrong!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Took the trio for a 5.4 mile hike this morning, legs are sore. I'm so looking forward to my massage tomorrow.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

HCK, I felt like that at yesterday's race. We can take our masks off after we start, which is fine with me, but there were 800 runners and I felt a bit uncomfortable.

Took a sleeping pill and blew my HM today and slept for 11 hours. After two night of no sleep, it was worth it.

For whatever reason, I always have you in the 30 year old age group.

Happy 45th. They make a handgun in that caliber. It'll fit right in with where this country is these days. smh

Half Crazy K 2.0

Docket, yea, I'm fine with no masks on the course, but only once you spread out. I had heard races were using staggered starts, so you had no bunching. Happy Birthday!