Beginners and Beyond

T-Minus SaturDAILIES (Read 38 times)

LRB

Good morning Team.

I didn't run yesterday but clocked over 14,000 steps and nearly 8 miles according to Garmin. That's pretty mind boggling but I had an idea it might be nuts which is exactly why I didn't run.

First time in the big apple and there is so much shit here it's crazy. To illustrate that point; I googled "Starbucks near me" this morning and there is one right across the street from the entrance to my hotel, what?? I never saw it despite coming and going a dozen times yesterday!

Anyway, I'll be jogging up to Central Park shortly then coming back for breakfast. I have one other stop on the agenda at 1:00 and then I'll be hunkering down for the day.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

If I dont get to say it before the start tomorrow, Good Luck LRB!!!

This morning I woke at 3, headed to the gym for back day, also did 3 sets on the leg press - 90lbsX12reps each and 3 sets of squats - 45lbsX12reps once, 115lbsX12reps twice. My legs felt like jello after that little bit.... but damn do I miss heavy leg day 😥

Then I headed to a park, tried the Levitate 2s for the first mile, these shoes are not for me.... luckily I had suspected this and brought a pair of my Richocets, switched shoes and finished the remaining 4 miles.

5 miles total.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

Hey!  I just fuckin' hammered a 5K.  19:09, but 3.18 miles.  Come on, man!  Garmin says my 5K split was 18:40.  Holy crap!!  I had doubts about where my speed is, which is why I did this race, but it would appear I am faster than ever.  6 OA and 2AG.  Incidentally, I clocked my first ever sub-6:00 mile in competition.

<3

DavePNW

Good morning Team.

I didn't run yesterday but clocked over 14,000 steps and nearly 8 miles according to Garmin. That's pretty mind boggling but I had an idea it might be nuts which is exactly why I didn't run.

First time in the big apple and there is so much shit here it's crazy. To illustrate that point; I googled "Starbucks near me" this morning and there is one right across the street from the entrance to my hotel, what?? I never saw it despite coming and going a dozen times yesterday!

Anyway, I'll be jogging up to Central Park shortly then coming back for breakfast. I have one other stop on the agenda at 1:00 and then I'll be hunkering down for the day.

I am bursting with excitement and anticipation, so I can’t even imagine how you feel.

How is the environment vs. Boston? My impression was that while Boston is all about runners & the race, all places at all times, NYC is just NYC. Some truth to that, or is it pretty clear the town is full of runners? Onemile and anyone else I can’t think of who’s run both can answer. I imagine Central Park will be packed with shake-out runners.

Dave

GinnyinPA

Way to go Phil! That was an incredible race.

LRB - good luck tomorrow.  Enjoy your carb loading today.

DavePNW

Hey!  I just fuckin' hammered a 5K.  19:09, but 3.18 miles.  Come on, man!  Garmin says my 5K split was 18:40.  Holy crap!!  I had doubts about where my speed is, which is why I did this race, but it would appear I am faster than ever.  6 OA and 2AG.  Incidentally, I clocked my first ever sub-6:00 mile in competition.

Holy crap did you ever!! Those are some crazy, vicious splits. You are so going to destroy SC.

I don’t have any other races planned till the marathon, but you’ve got me thinking.

Dave

delicate flower

Holy crap did you ever!! Those are some crazy, vicious splits. You are so going to destroy SC.

I don’t have any other races planned till the marathon, but you’ve got me thinking.

I need NYCM weather!!!

<3

LRB

How is the environment vs. Boston?

I'm even not sure most people here know there is a marathon tomorrow. lol

It is night and day between Boston and NYC in my opinion. Not in a bad way, it's just that New York is New York, while Boston celebrates the marathon and its runners so it's definitely more runner friendly there. Again, it's not a knock, it's just what it is.

LRB

Hey!  I just fuckin' hammered a 5K.  19:09, but 3.18 miles. 

Magnificent!

LRB

Incidentally, I clocked my first ever sub-6:00 mile in competition.

And in the first mile! Your game is ON Sir!

LRB

I went out for a 20 minute jog but my legs felt like wooden stilts so I extended it for 8 minutes hoping to loosen them up a bit. It's not how you want to feel the day before a race but hopefully everything lines up for tomorrow.

I jogged on a part of the route and that was pretty surreal. Tons of runners at the park and it was hard to tell who was racing and who was not, unlike Boston.

Have fun LTB!

5; 3 on flat at a bit elevated pace, then 2 crown-gutter-hill medicine.  Ham didn’t exactly like the elevated but gotta start doing bits.

DavePNW

I'm even not sure most people here know there is a marathon tomorrow. lol

And those who do, are annoyed by it.

Dave

DavePNW

I need NYCM weather!!!

That is my fear for you. IIRC, it was warm & humid last time.

Dave

From the Internet.

Good luck tomorrow LRB!!

Great job on the 5k Boon!

I ran 12 with some club friends - went out on a new route, it was nice. Perfect running weather too. On track for ~62 this week if I do my usual 7 easy tomorrow as planned.