Beginners and Beyond

Jeans Day Fridailies (Read 37 times)

delicate flower

No jeans for me though, mostly because I am too cheap to fork over $5 for a "jeans day" sticker.  I do just fine in my dress pants, tyvm.

I woke up on time for my 5:30 run this morning, but I did not run because I didn't feel like it.  SO THERE.  I'll get it done at some point today...it's 4 miles, so I'll find 30 minutes.  DW and I also have an open water swim planned this evening.

I drive through an industrial park on my way into work.  Walgreens, FedEx, and Pepsi distribution centers, so their trucks are all over the roads going through there.  There are also Tire Rack and Dollar Tree distribution centers but they don't appear to have their own fleet of trucks...lots of trucks going in and out of there but none with any company names on them.  The only one of those buildings I've been in is Tire Rack when DW picked up a tire rack (true story).

<3

LRB

Everyday can be jeans day for me, but the people in the office appreciated it when the change was made to allow it for all.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Every Friday is jeans day. I get a jeans 2 weeks at the end if the month. Any time the kids aren't in the building, we can wear jeans (or shorts, but my office is so damn cold, that ain't ever happening).

Run after work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No jeans for me either, as I have 5 (count them) morning meetings of creditors.  Not sure who is the idiot that keeps scheduling these for Fridays.  Oh, yes, me.

Damaris

Mr MattM

Shorts day for me.  Company cookout...

3 miles before the sun.  I'll likely cap it at 5 over lunch (so I can enjoy the cookout).  Maybe 5 more this evening.

I lost 4lbs on a 5 mile run yesterday.  Summer suckfest is fast approaching.

be curious; not judgmental

onemile

We have jeans days at work for various incentives. I rarely participate because they act like it's some kind of gift to allow us to wear jeans. And they can shove it.

Mr MattM

We have jeans days at work for various incentives. I rarely participate because they act like it's some kind of gift to allow us to wear jeans. And they can shove it.

Somebody sounds grumpy this morning...

be curious; not judgmental

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Really? I decided to wear a little dress today, temps supposed to reach 94 so I thought I'll stay as cool as I can while also comfortable and a little sexy 

Rest Day today, and if I can successfully get in a 12-13 mile LR tomorrow morning, then a 7-8 mile run Sunday I should finish the week out with 45 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Somebody sounds grumpy this morning...

Every Friday is jeans day. 

+1.

At my old place I held out for a long time because I thought it was dumb, but eventually gave in. Then DW made me spend a fuckload of money on "nice" jeans for work, instead of my ratty old Levi's. Here there are plenty of folks who wear them every day. So a lot of people DGAF.

URD yesterday; day trip to LA which started at 5AM and ended at midnight, so not really much time to squeeze in a run.
                      Then 3 hrs of sleep, followed by 8 miles w/10x100m strides.
                      TGIF, for realz.

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.7 in a lot of sun.  it's getting to warm for that.  Eat and brew beer is my plan for the rest of today.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

+1.

At my old place I held out for a long time because I thought it was dumb, but eventually gave in. Then DW made me spend a fuckload of money on "nice" jeans for work, instead of my ratty old Levi's. Here there are plenty of folks who wear them every day. So a lot of people DGAF.

Our summer, no kids in the building attire is way casual. I cringe when I see someone from HR visiting in the summer.  Some staff can wear jeans daily, but that's due to the nature of their job.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

+1.

URD yesterday; day trip to LA which started at 5AM and ended at midnight, so not really much time to squeeze in a run.
                            Then 3 hrs of sleep, followed by 8 miles w/10x100m strides.
                            TGIF, for realz.

Hey, are you going to the RnR Expo next week?  We should be going there on Friday, and though that if you were in the area, maybe a quick FE?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good morning!

I ran 8.7 in a lot of sun.  it's getting to warm for that.  Eat and brew beer is my plan for the rest of today.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Someone sounds cheery!

Damaris

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Someone sounds cheery!

I'm feeling damn fine today, but I'd fake it if I wasn't.

Runner with a riding problem.