Beginners and Beyond

Jeans Day Fridailies (Read 37 times)

Mr MattM

I thought it was improving, no?

I can run on it, but I noticed that the big toe is shorter than the second toe (which it didn't used to be, and isn't on the left foot) and there is a bone mass between the first two tendons that shouldn't be there.  When I closely compare left foot and right foot, it sure seems like the damn thing is dislocated.  I'll find out soon enough.  I would have expected a lot more pain... oh, well.

be curious; not judgmental

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This ^^^^

Except just 5.  Damn it's hot at noon.

Dress down Friday extended all summer.  Yawn.

Something us Miamians could tell you, hello?  Cause this is us when we head to the car at noon (that's what it says except it says in Puerto Rico):

Damaris

LRB

I just placed an order at the Indian Grill. The last time I ate at an Indian restaurant (back in the late 90s), I didn't eat more than two bites of anything on the table. Let's hope today's choice is a little more palatable!

Half Crazy K 2.0

I just placed an order at the Indian Grill. The last time I ate at an Indian restaurant (back in the late 90s), I didn't eat more than two bites of anything on the table. Let's hope today's choice is a little more palatable!

What did you get?

LRB

What did you get?

Something called a Paneer vegetable wrap.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have actually been very busy working today, damn it. I might have glanced the threads earlier today but didn't think to comment.

Is it a bunch of snakes or just 1 one-eyed trouser snake?????

I'm getting ready to head home... so happy to say that.

Cyberic99, just don't play too rough with that snake....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

I'm done with my part-time tutoring gig! Gonna miss them but not the sleep I've been losing working at night :P I only had a couple hours of stuff to do in the lab today, laid down for a quick nap at 9 this morning and woke up at 12:30. Whoops.

5 mile recovery this morning, felt great, the nap felt even greater. Long run tomorrow because I have a concert tomorrow night, and ain't no way I'm gonna want to get up to run 13 Sunday morning.

From the Internet.

I can run on it, but I noticed that the big toe is shorter than the second toe (which it didn't used to be, and isn't on the left foot) and there is a bone mass between the first two tendons that shouldn't be there.  When I closely compare left foot and right foot, it sure seems like the damn thing is dislocated.  I'll find out soon enough.  I would have expected a lot more pain... oh, well.

Feet are like that. Everyone told me "there's no way you broke it, you can still walk on it" but they were all wrong! Hopefully if it's just dislocated it'll be a quick fix.

LRB

Something called a Paneer vegetable wrap.

I have the worst luck eating that shit. I don't even know why I keep fucking trying, I don't like it.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Either that or she never sees it, which is as funny as D never seeing PR hoping everyone has a great day. Every. Day. That. He. Posts. lol

I'm a positive , cheerful motherfucker.  I can't help it.  If I put that attitude in words in the morning, I swear it makes for a better day.

Runner with a riding problem.

DavePNW

I have the worst luck eating that shit. I don't even know why I keep fucking trying, I don't like it.

Love Indian food, including some of the veggie stuff. But most definitely not a fan of paneer. DW likes it though.

Dave

Mr MattM

Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is, I need surgery. The good news is, I don't need it right now if I can live with it. I have a compressed joint and small fracture along with a bone spur under the tendon. The doc said that the only real risk from continuing to run would be the potential of causing significant cartilage damage. However, pain is the measuring stick. I got a steroid shot to help calm the joint and I'll just keep on going... until either I can't keep on going, or the fall season ends. I think once I get through the fall races I may schedule the surgery. The surgery is for decompression and cleanup of the joint so the bones can realign properly. It's an 8 week recovery period and I think would work well in the Dec/Jan time frame.

Well, now I know.

be curious; not judgmental

LRB

I'm a positive , cheerful motherfucker.  I can't help it.  If I put that attitude in words in the morning, I swear it makes for a better day.

No it's fine, just hilarious that she commented on it today. lol

LRB

Love Indian food, including some of the veggie stuff. But most definitely not a fan of paneer. DW likes it though.

Everything I've ever tried was made with that oily ass red sauce packed with a ton of spices, including today, depsite me explicitly stating that I didn't want that.

It would be like getting gravy on every meal you've ever ordered. I don't want the damn gravy, why is that so hard.

DavePNW

Dave, we'll be there Thursday midnight to Sunday 7am.  I know I have a hotel near the start of the race, but no idea what it's called (it's a chain, though, that I am sure).

I work Friday, and I think Friday night will be tough for me. Saturday will also be tough; I live about 20 miles north of where your race starts, and my HM that day is about 50 miles north of that. So not sure if we will be able to make it work out, but will let you know if anything changes or I get any other brilliant ideas.

Dave