Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #10 (Read 34 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

One of my co-workers asked me to be on her 4-person indoor relay team next month (half marathon distance relay). It's at the Pettit center and apparently each runner does 2 laps and then they switch off (and then repeat). 2 laps is a little over a half mile. Should be interesting.

Sounds fun. Especially while recovering from Houston.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Morning all.

Light weights and 2 miles at an obscenely hot gym. I guess I will consider it heat training.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

sdWhiskers

3.3 miles

I've been running the easy days super easy lately (HR <140). TBD if this helps me at all but it makes me feel fresh most mornings.

I have a 5k tomorrow which I am dreading bc they hurt. But I need to run more of them so I can get over the mental hurdle.

Cy--feel better. After oral surgery, I never feel human again until I can get some solid food down.

Docket--good luck this weekend! Does it look likely that you'll run the marathon or still too hot?

DavePNW

One of my co-workers asked me to be on her 4-person indoor relay team next month (half marathon distance relay). It's at the Pettit center and apparently each runner does 2 laps and then they switch off (and then repeat). 2 laps is a little over a half mile. Should be interesting.

That sounds bizarre and I’d have no idea how to pace it. IDK who dreamed that up rather than just have everyone run a 5k. That would be fun.

Dave

onemile

That sounds bizarre and I’d have no idea how to pace it. IDK who dreamed that up rather than just have everyone run a 5k. That would be fun.

actually it sounds like we can decide within the team how often we want to switch runners. that was just the proposed idea.  but don't you think  the overall time would be faster if we were taking turns hammering 800s vs each running a 5k?

DavePNW

actually it sounds like we can decide within the team how often we want to switch runners. that was just the proposed idea.  but don't you think  the overall time would be faster if we were taking turns hammering 800s vs each running a 5k?

Well sure it’d be faster, so yes you go with something like that if it’s open. I’m just saying I’d be more comfortable the other way. What pace would you use for the 800s?

Dave

onemile

Well sure it’d be faster, so yes you go with something like that if it’s open. I’m just saying I’d be more comfortable the other way. What pace would you use for the 800s?

Well it'll be like a 6x800m workout then, no? with longer recoveries. So you can prob hammer them hard.

BUT...I'll be like 3 weeks post Houston so not exactly in peak shape and will want to be careful not to hurt myself. (my coach is going to think this is dumb shit when I tell him)

DavePNW

Well it'll be like a 6x800m workout then, no? with longer recoveries. So you can prob hammer them hard.

BUT...I'll be like 3 weeks post Houston so not exactly in peak shape and will want to be careful not to hurt myself. (my coach is going to think this is dumb shit when I tell him)

the only solution is not to tell him

Dave

onemile

the only solution is not to tell him

he's probably reading this forum right now 

DavePNW

he's probably reading this forum right now 

You’re in luck, he does not appear to be a member. But maybe once you’re done with Houston he won’t GAF what you do with yourself.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You’re in luck, he does not appear to be a member. But maybe once you’re done with Houston he won’t GAF what you do with yourself.

You don’t meed to be a member to read it though!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

3.3 miles

I've been running the easy days super easy lately (HR <140). TBD if this helps me at all but it makes me feel fresh most mornings.

I have a 5k tomorrow which I am dreading bc they hurt. But I need to run more of them so I can get over the mental hurdle.

Cy--feel better. After oral surgery, I never feel human again until I can get some solid food down.

Docket--good luck this weekend! Does it look likely that you'll run the marathon or still too hot?

The high will be 86F so not sure. It should be 80F when I finish so maybe I’ll get lucky.

Damaris

DavePNW

You don’t meed to be a member to read it though!

Oh well then she’s screwed.

Dave

onemile

he already has plans for me for spring and for Chicago   but I would tell him anyway because how is he supposed to help me run my best if I am not being honest and hiding things?

LRB

have you tried listening to podcasts directly from the watch? What apps do you use to put them on there?

I need to figure out how to listen to audio books on the watch. But I have been using Libby (to borrow them from the library) and I don't think you can do it with those.. ?

You know, I completely forgot the watch is compatible with Spotify until just now when I was going to type that you would save your podcasts as a file on your desktop/laptop computer then add it to your watch via Garmin Express. Now though, I can just listen to them right from my watch using Spotify! (once I've figured out how to do it that is. lol)

But yeah, as far as I know, the only way a file can be uploaded to the watch is through GE using a computer. You can try it with a simple playlist just to get the initial frustration  bugs out of the way. It's relatively simple, I just wouldn't do it in the immediate moments preceding a run because it unnecessarily creates pressure. It's an awesome feature though, incredible really. And it works flawlessly.