Beginners and Beyond

Just WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

RunningOnSand

I'm thinking of buying a Stryd foot pod. the newest one takes into account the wind, through a sensor on the device, and I've seen a couple of reviews that say it does a decent job at adjusting power in relation to the wind.

There's also the fact that almost all reviewers seem to agree that it is a more accurate and dependable way of measuring distance, and therefore speed, than GPS. Given how bad my Fenix3HR does in buildings, in the woods, when a bird flies over my head, and given how the newer watches using the Sony GPS chip are doing even worse than my watch, it adds temptation to getting the Stryd. A friend of mine tols me it doesn't work in the winter around here, so I have to check on that before I make the purchase.

LOL.

I've been interested in the Stryd, too. if you get it, please review it here. #kthxbai

RunningOnSand

From yesterday

ROS, I have a pair of Pegasus but haven't worn them yet. From trying them on, they were very light.

ROS Pegs are in my shoe rotation. I like them. Easy to find cheap, no frills, a good basic neutral shoe. I actually have 4 different Nike models in my stable right now, they are making some good stuff lately. I wear men's because women's standard width Nikes are too narrow for me - men's 7.5 is similar enough to women's 9 wide and way easier to find!

How is the sizing, otherwise? Meaning, in an everyday shoe, I wear a 10 (boats, I know). In running shoes, I typically size up to an 11 (NB 1400s, Ghosts, Adidas Bostons). In the Turbos, I got an 11 but now wonder if I shouldn't have gotten an 11.5. Wondering how they fit in comparison to other shoes.

From the Internet.

How is the sizing, otherwise? Meaning, in an everyday shoe, I wear a 10 (boats, I know). In running shoes, I typically size up to an 11 (NB 1400s, Ghosts, Adidas Bostons). In the Turbos, I got an 11 but now wonder if I shouldn't have gotten an 11.5. Wondering how they fit in comparison to other shoes.

Women's Nikes have always felt super narrow to me - I wear a 9B (standard width) in Adidas Tempo (similar to Boston), Adios, Brooks Ghost and Launch, NB880. The Turbos feel wider than the standard Peg (have men's 7.5D in both Peg 35 and Peg 35 Turbo).

Half Crazy K 2.0

ROS, fellow boat wearer here. I usually get 10.5s. The Pegs are a 10 and seemed fine when I tried them on. I didn't compare the Euro size...in some shoes I can get a 10, when I look at the Euro size, it matches my Wave Ridets 10.5

ETA, the Euro size for 10 Pegs and 10.5 Wave Riders is 42.

RunningOnSand

Women's Nikes have always felt super narrow to me - I wear a 9B (standard width) in Adidas Tempo (similar to Boston), Adios, Brooks Ghost and Launch, NB880. The Turbos feel wider than the standard Peg (have men's 7.5D in both Peg 35 and Peg 35 Turbo).

ROS, fellow boat wearer here. I usually get 10.5s. The Pegs are a 10 and seemed fine when I tried them on. I didn't compare the Euro size...in some shoes I can get a 10, when I look at the Euro size, it matches my Wave Ridets 10.5

Thanks, guys!

Nikes having a big sale on Pegs right now and I can get some for $63 (including their 25% discount, using "Sprint"). They're the "Premium Rise", which I need to figure out what that means. Maybe I'll look at the mens version, too. Nikes have also been narrow for me.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning all...back from my two weeks at vacation, and now headed into Akron Marathon week. Our honoree this year is Des, so it will be fun to get to meet her and hopefully spend some time with her. I'm not sure I'm in good enough shape to get a run in with her on Friday morning, but I'll see what the plans are for her and her team.

Got a nice run in after work last night, and a going to run my group run 6 this evening.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I just couldn't get my ass up this morning... rolled out of bed at 6:15 and was going to say fuck it on getting a run in, but then I thought fuck that. So I quickly got dressed and took Jetta for a 3.1 mile run, then fixed Dorian's lunch, got him ready for school.

After I dropped him off, I raced out to the Blue Grass Fish & Wildlife Refuge to enjoy another 3 mile run.

6.1 miles total for today.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

you still have 5 miles on me

#closingthegap

I feel like you're just toying with me like a cat does with a bird. It won't be long before you bite my head off and then move on to the next schmoe!

Off,   6/10 backwards run-walk on tilt ... in the past backwards would mess with my right calf soo just easing into it.

bluerun

Super B****

Kinda wish I were running Berlin so I could just get this marathon thing over with...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

On an unrelated note, on this day in 2011, I "ran" my first HM.

Mine was June 2012. What was your time?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Mine was June 2012. What was your time?

3:59:18. Hence the "ran." I didn't actually run one until Jerusalem in March 2013.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

3:59:18. Hence the "ran." I didn't actually run one until Jerusalem in March 2013.

Congrats on the sub-4!

Dave

onemile

Kinda wish I were running Berlin so I could just get this marathon thing over with...

when is your marathon?

bluerun

Super B****

Congrats on the sub-4!

Yeah, it was a real laugh riot back then

chasing the impossible