Beginners and Beyond

Just WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

bluerun

Super B****

when is your marathon?

October 27

MTA I haven't actually registered yet but last year I didn't do that until the week before the race so...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

11 miles this morning with 3x2 miles tempo. Tough workout, but I'd consider it a success. Both hamstrings seemed to hold up; started to feel one of them, but nothing too serious. Pretty happy with the paces.

Dave

Cyberic

11 miles this morning with 3x2 miles tempo. Tough workout, but I'd consider it a success. Both hamstrings seemed to hold up; started to feel one of them, but nothing too serious. Pretty happy with the paces.

Hansons rip off?

DavePNW

Hansons rip off?

Well Hansons would do that at MP-10 sec; mine was at roughly MP-45-60 sec (depending on what my MP actually is right now). There's one like that in my McMillan custom plan, although I took slightly longer recoveries than I should have.

MTA: I never liked those MP-10 workouts, I just thought that was a weird, uncomfortable pace. Too fast to be easy, but not fast enough to feel like a "serious" workout.

Dave

LRB

Hansons rip off?

I'm not sure where the origin of that is. Seems like you see it or a variation of it everywhere

onemile

sub-1:30 half marathon?

(sorry I couldn't resist)

sdWhiskers

8.3 miles with 4 x 1 mi with what Coach referred to as "freshman pacing". So the first one faster than 5k then the other 3 more like 10k + 10-20s. It was hard. I mean, it is hard for me to run 5k pace period. But it is harder in the dark, on broken sidewalks, by yourself. I ended up with 8:22, 8:54, 8:57, 8:56. Loved running past a freshly hit raccoon 4 times.

DavePNW

sub-1:30 half marathon?

(sorry I couldn't resist)

Dave

LRB

LRB

8.3 miles with 4 x 1 mi with what Coach referred to as "freshman pacing". So the first one faster than 5k then the other 3 more like 10k + 10-20s. It was hard. I mean, it is hard for me to run 5k pace period. But it is harder in the dark, on broken sidewalks, by yourself. I ended up with 8:22, 8:54, 8:57, 8:56. Loved running past a freshly hit raccoon 4 times.

Nice job!

DavePNW

Your coach is certainly way smarter than me, but I don't usually see a workout that starts faster and ends slower. Usually you go in the other direction. I'd want to do each mile in some kind of progression.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Your coach is certainly way smarter than me, but I don't usually see a workout that starts faster and ends slower. Usually you go in the other direction. I'd want to do each mile in some kind of progression.

Running on tired legs or something? I haven't asked about this one yet. Her coach is Mario Fraioli so I sometimes get something modified that he has her do. Other times, she knows I get scared of running fast and so tries to creatively sneak it in there

Cyberic

If I think training smart, I will think either keeping the pace even through all the reps, or finishing stronger.

But I also strongly think that there are many many ways to train.

LRB

Running the first interval faster than the rest makes an otherwise tough workout seem like cake...once you're done with the first interval that is. 

onemile

Running the first interval faster than the rest makes an otherwise tough workout seem like cake...once you're done with the first interval that is. 

lol like cake or like death