Beginners and Beyond

Just WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

DavePNW

I can never do the first rep of anything at 5k pace.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Me too, apparently. But I tried.

LRB

You're a strong finisher for sure, which isn't easy either.

LRB

Me too, apparently. But I tried.

You're doing great given the challenges you're facing.

LRB

lol like cake or like death

GinnyinPA

Easy 6 for me on a beautiful day. It's supposed to heat up again this weekend, so I'm enjoying these almost autumnlike days.

bluerun

Super B****

How about the first mile of a 5K?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

sdWhiskers

It's definitely different when running solo, especially in the dark!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

ran 4 this morning with the middle 2 a little faster than my recent pace. Felt good to move a little faster and, so far, legs/hammy feel ok.  Reading everyone else's workouts makes me really miss doing something reasonably fast/hard! But, slowly making progress and trying not to push too hard, too soon. I think my aerobic conditioning will rebound pretty fast so just need to keep the hammy going in the right direction.

Going to see a physical therapist tomorrow afternoon (along with a visit to the secretary of state ) so will see what they say.

DavePNW

I was actually thinking about that, and I usually don't have trouble hitting pace pretty quickly in a race (more often the first 1/2 mile is too fast). IDK what the difference is between that & a workout. Adrenaline? Being surrounded by other people running fast? Race day magic? Maybe actually having some strides in the race warmup helps too.

Dave

delicate flower

1:39 cutoff for Boston, even with the tighter standards.  Holy crap!  Still waiting on my e-mail though to make it official.

<3

DavePNW

1:39 cutoff for Boston, even with the tighter standards.  Holy crap!  Still waiting on my e-mail though to make it official.

Congrats! I didn’t see anything on the FB page.

Dave

delicate flower

Congrats! I didn’t see anything on the FB page.

People have posted their rejection screen shots, and RW has an article up, although I can't read it because I am not a subscriber (lmao).

<3

onemile

In order to be accepted into the 2020 race, which will be held on April 20, runners had to be at least 1 minute and 39 seconds faster than their qualifying standard, Boston Athletic Association (BAA) officials said on Wednesday.

So far, 24,127 runners have been accepted into the 2020 race. That left 3,161 runners, out of 27,288 who applied, on the sidelines, even though they did achieve the posted standards for their age and gender.

The qualifier breakdown for the 2020 race is:

• 4,051 qualifiers who were 20:00 or more faster than their standard.
                                • 6,772 qualifiers who were 10:00 or more faster than their standard.
                                • 6,948 qualifiers who were 5:00 or more faster than their standard.
                                • 5,885 qualifiers who were 1:39–4:59 under their standard.
                                • 471 qualifiers with an active streak of at least 10 years.