Beginners and Beyond

Just WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

the guy I ran with last night has run Boston 27 years in a row. He said for the streakers you still have to qualify but only within 1 second of your time (cutoff doesn't apply)

Didn't know that. I know a guy who will be running his 11th in a row this year. He was really nervous last year as he had been injured all year, and he barely qualified in a last chance BQ marathon. It was a big deal to him the 10 years in a row for the guaranteed entry, so I guess I must have misinterpreted what that actually meant.

delicate flower

Congrats to you!

WOO HOO, indeed! Congrats on two in a row!!

Thanks!  Now hopefully I can run well at Space Coast in December to improve my 2020 seed and qualify for 2021.

<3

LRB

Didn't know that. I know a guy who will be running his 11th in a row this year. He was really nervous last year as he had been injured all year, and he barely qualified in a last chance BQ marathon. It was a big deal to him the 10 years in a row for the guaranteed entry, so I guess I must have misinterpreted what that actually meant.

Hmm, "I've run Boston 10 years in a row" I can see how that would matter to someone. It's a pretty cool feather for the cap.

LRB

Thanks!  Now hopefully I can run well at Space Coast in December to improve my 2020 seed and qualify for 2021.

Two birds with one stone 'eh? We need to start calling you Sniper. 

DavePNW

the guy I ran with last night has run Boston 27 years in a row. He said for the streakers you still have to qualify but only within 1 second of your time (cutoff doesn't apply)

I walked to the corrals last year with a guy who had done 25 in a row. He told me with 25+ there was no qualifying time - you just had to run Boston and finish it, and you'd be in for the next year. You just had to finish in <6:00, the cutoff for the race.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Congratulations on Boston to go is it made it.

We are north of West Palm Beach already. We rented a van so the cats could hang out outside the carriers during the drive. The cats managed to lock themselves inside the van and it one point to open all the windows and escape well we were trying to put the other cats in. Hoping they do not do that in the middle of the drive as we put the child lock but my husband is alone in the van with them and no idea if he can manage them all lol.  This should be fun.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

We are north of West Palm Beach already. We rented a van so the cats could hang out outside the carriers during the drive. The cats managed to lock themselves inside the van and it one point to open all the windows and escape well we were trying to put the other cats in. Hoping they do not do that in the middle of the drive as we put the child lock but my husband is alone in the van with them and no idea if he can manage them all lol.  This should be fun.

Brings back (bad) memories of my drive from WPB to San Diego in a van with a 4 week old baby and a cat. DH drove the whole way and I basically sat there and cried

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Just got my notification!  I knew I was in but it's still a great feeling to get this e-mail.  WOO HOO!!

Congratulations! Your entry into the 124th Boston Marathon on Monday, April 20, 2020 has been accepted, provided that the information you submitted is accurate.

congrats!

DavePNW

If I had my qualifying time for last year, trying to qualify based on this year's standards, I would've missed it by 18 seconds. 

Dave

DavePNW

Brings back (bad) memories of my drive from WPB to San Diego in a van with a 4 week old baby and a cat. DH drove the whole way and I basically sat there and cried

Holy crap. Although I will say it's easier to make a trip like that with a 4-week old than a 2-year old.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Holy crap. Although I will say it's easier to make a trip like that with a 4-week old than a 2-year old.

Hmmmm not so sure. Between feeding and diaper changes, we basically stopped 10,000 times.

DavePNW

Hmmmm not so sure. Between feeding and diaper changes, we basically stopped 10,000 times.

Well it's a lose-lose scenario. But with an infant, when they're not eating or pooping, they're doing a lot of sleeping. Whereas with a toddler, you need find ways to keep them entertained 100% of the time, and it kills them to stay strapped into their seat.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Well it's a lose-lose scenario. But with an infant, when they're not eating or pooping, they're doing a lot of sleeping. Whereas with a toddler, you need find ways to keep them entertained 100% of the time, and it kills them to stay strapped into their seat.

Lol my child slept more as a 2 yo than a newborn (including the car). During 0-3 months, he only catnapped. So using LRB's sleep workout notation, he would do 6 x 20min S + 22T.

RunningOnSand

LOL Damaris--sounds like a nightmare! That is dead funny that the cats locked themselves in the van, opened the windows, and escaped (it's only funny that they didn't get lost--otherwise it would not be funny). Good luck to your dh!

I think traveling with kids is a lose-lose situation til they get way older. My middle guy was a collicky baby, and hated the car. He would scream bloody murder every time we put him in the carseat til he was like 9 mos old? Oy. I am also having flashbacks of pure living hell. Actually, on one of our trips to go back to dh's home, via a road trip, he mistakenly taught our (then) 20mos old how to say "fuck", b/c our middle guy wouldn't quit screaming, and it took us 4 hours to get 120 miles. Not because of traffic. We turned around and went home (while my daughter said "fuck" on repeat the entire time, lol).

From the Internet.

OMG good luck with the kitties D, lol! Hope hubby can manage them and no more escapes happen!

Ran 7+ easy and felt good, thinking that tomorrow I'll do an easy double for roughly the mileage I would have put into an MLR, easy Fri with some strides, then get that last dang 20+ out of the way on Saturday. Then it is TAPER CITY BABY! Drop that mileage!