Beginners and Beyond

Just WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

Lol my child slept more as a 2 yo than a newborn (including the car). During 0-3 months, he only catnapped. So using LRB's sleep workout notation, he would do 6 x 20min S + 22T.

Approved. 

LRB

OMG good luck with the kitties D, lol! Hope hubby can manage them and no more escapes happen!

Ran 7+ easy and felt good, thinking that tomorrow I'll do an easy double for roughly the mileage I would have put into an MLR, easy Fri with some strides, then get that last dang 20+ out of the way on Saturday. Then it is TAPER CITY BABY! Drop that mileage!

You've earned that shit.

GinnyinPA

Congratulations Baboon!

Anyone else make it?

DavePNW

LOL Damaris--sounds like a nightmare! That is dead funny that the cats locked themselves in the van, opened the windows, and escaped (it's only funny that they didn't get lost--otherwise it would not be funny). Good luck to your dh!

I think traveling with kids is a lose-lose situation til they get way older. My middle guy was a collicky baby, and hated the car. He would scream bloody murder every time we put him in the carseat til he was like 9 mos old? Oy. I am also having flashbacks of pure living hell. Actually, on one of our trips to go back to dh's home, via a road trip, he mistakenly taught our (then) 20mos old how to say "fuck", b/c our middle guy wouldn't quit screaming, and it took us 4 hours to get 120 miles. Not because of traffic. We turned around and went home (while my daughter said "fuck" on repeat the entire time, lol).

It is true what they say - little kids, little problems; big kids, big problems. But I do not miss any of the little kid problems. I guess I am a cranky old man now, but it's hard for me anymore to take little kids acting up or making a bunch of noise in restaurants, planes, etc.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Haven't yet registered for the marathon but I did just take care of the post-race dive trip.  Good thing I got that $1650 back...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

JasonB176 .

Rule #63 of internetting; it is not always necessary to respond to an opposing viewpoint. Sometimes, no response is the best response.

LRB

Haven't yet registered for the marathon but I did just take care of the post-race dive trip.  Good thing I got that $1650 back...

Rumor has it that you're not actually running a marathon until you register for it!

bluerun

Super B****

Rumor has it that you're not actually running a marathon until you register for it!

Yeah, but the benefit of doing a smaller race like this is that I CAN register last minute. If I (HEAVEN FORBID) get hurt and can't run the marathon, that's the entry fee lost, but if I have to go on a dive trip anyway... that's not a bad thing

chasing the impossible

LRB

Yeah, but the benefit of doing a smaller race like this is that I CAN register last minute.

That's all fine and dandy for a 5k, 10k and even a half marathon. But for the Big Show, if the singlet fits, you must commit.

bluerun

Super B****

That's all fine and dandy for a 5k, 10k and even a half marathon. But for the Big Show, if the singlet fits, you must commit.

IDK, the first place female at this marathon last year did the same thing I did and registered the week before. Maybe that's a good luck charm.

Anyway, I think the whole "commitment" thing is for people who have trouble finding motivation to run without knowing they're registered for a race. I don't have that problem.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Rule #63 of internetting; it is not always necessary to respond to an opposing viewpoint. Sometimes, no response is the best response.

I disagree!

(SWIDT?)

Dave

LRB

IDK, the first place female at this marathon last year did the same thing I did and registered the week before. Maybe that's a good luck charm.

Anyway, I think the whole "commitment" thing is for people who have trouble finding motivation to run without knowing they're registered for a race. I don't have that problem.

I'm just messing around with you. You're good.

LRB

I disagree!

(SWIDT?)

Yes, and if you don't agree with me don't post in my thread....

Wait, is this my thread? lol

onemile

I ran 8 miles with a workout of 2x(8x200m with 200m float)

Cyberic

Yes, and if you don't agree with me don't post in my thread....

Wait, is this my thread? lol

It's MY thread! (The Hoka thread) 

I'm actually learning a lot about Internet forums by watching those guys going at it. It takes a lot of time to post answers like they do, over and over again, just to have the last word, as it is clear nobody is going to change anybody's mind over there.

I'll stop contradicting you guys from now on.