Beginners and Beyond

Just WednesDAILIES (Read 37 times)

LRB

That sounded snarky!

lol

I'm pretty sure he's typing up a response right now. It might take awhile but it'll get done.

bluerun

Super B****

You mean the one I have? Exactly. (2016)

Mine is not much better

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

That Hoka thread = 

<3

LRB

Mine is not much better

It's a little loud.

Runshortii

I hope the color this year isn’t fugly. Which brings me to my next question, not getting ahead of myself or anything but when is it acceptable to wear the jacket? At the airport? After the race?

Cyberic

That sounded snarky!

I've said in multiple posts that actually the key thing is that you have a jacket that you like and makes you feel like a prince.

You're going to get different points of view on forums.  I'm struggling to see what part of this is snarky.

DavePNW

TI hope the color this year isn’t fugly. Which brings me to my next question, not getting ahead of myself or anything but when is it acceptable to wear the jacket? At the airport? After the race?

No rules. Wear it for the whole trip.

Dave

GinnyinPA

I hope the color this year isn’t fugly. Which brings me to my next question, not getting ahead of myself or anything but when is it acceptable to wear the jacket? At the airport? After the race?

You'll see people as soon as you arrive wearing the jacket. I imagine some wear it on the plane to Boston. At the expo there were jackets from lots of different years, including the current one. Some runners get one jacket and embroider the different years they've run the marathon rather than buy a new jacket every year. .

GinnyinPA

Rumor has it that you're not actually running a marathon until you register for it!

I tend to do the same thing - wait until I'm sure I'm sure I'm fit before registering for a race, even a marathon. After missing the first four races I'd signed up for because of injury, I got a lot more cautious about putting up money ahead of time. I'd rather pay a few dollars more than lose the whole thing. ATM, I'm training for a marathon, but have no idea whether I'll actually be able to run it. I don't see a lot of point in paying $150 to feel like crap and struggle through a bad race. I am acting on the assumption that I will get my health issues under control, so I do my runs as best I can, but I'm not willing to spend the money until I'm sure. With small races, you can sometimes sign up the day before the race. NBD

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I tend to do the same thing - wait until I'm sure I'm sure I'm fit before registering for a race, even a marathon. After missing the first four races I'd signed up for because of injury, I got a lot more cautious about putting up money ahead of time. I'd rather pay a few dollars more than lose the whole thing. ATM, I'm training for a marathon, but have no idea whether I'll actually be able to run it. I don't see a lot of point in paying $150 to feel like crap and struggle through a bad race. I am acting on the assumption that I will get my health issues under control, so I do my runs as best I can, but I'm not willing to spend the money until I'm sure. With small races, you can sometimes sign up the day before the race. NBD

That used to be the normal approach.  It's still possible if you choose your races carefully, but so many now fill up months beforehand that sometimes you have to commit and just hope your training goes well with no injuries.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Florida is too fucking long. The end.

we are staying two hours less (but we made it to GA) than what we planned but hubby decided he didn’t want fast food so we ended up eating takeout outside with my dad which took too long. So tired.

now the work begin, moving 5 cats into a room.  Wish me luck!

Damaris

LRB

I've said in multiple posts that actually the key thing is that you have a jacket that you like and makes you feel like a prince.

You're going to get different points of view on forums.  I'm struggling to see what part of this is snarky.

lol

Right?

LRB

Florida is too fucking long. The end.

we are staying two hours less (but we made it to GA) than what we planned but hubby decided he didn’t want fast food so we ended up eating takeout outside with my dad which took too long. So tired.

now the work begin, moving 5 cats into a room.  Wish me luck!

Hopefully there is video of this.

LRB

I boarded the plane wearing mine and wore it the entire time I was in town and wouldn't look twice at anyone who did the same thing (well, I would look twice because seeing the rainbow of jackets at the expo is seriously cool). In Boston (or at racing events at home), it doesn't matter what the jacket looks like. You are a part of something special so the color or style is completely irrelevant.

They hit it out of the park with the 2019 jacket, it will be interesting to see the 2020 iteration...

LRB

Completely understandable.

I've DNSd a marathon in 2013 but paid the early bird price so the 65 dollar loss wasn't too bad. These days, I register for almost every event the morning of the race and pay the outlandish fees for similar reasons as you and the blue. Obviously you can't do that with the mega races but those are the exception, not the rule.