Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies - B-E-A-UTIFUL (Read 30 times)

Cyberic

Ha! I read that as a 5k time

Me too, at first, but that time didn't really make sense for LRB, so I checked his log and BOOM! There it was!

Cyberic

So many people just completely oblivious to their surroundings 

This morning, three ladies were walking side by side on the sidewalk. I was like 100m away, and they had a clear view of me coming. There was a busy street on one side, and some trees on the other. I'm keeping right as much as possible. They just ignored the fact that I was coming. So I had to either stop, run through them like a bowling ball in bowling pins (although I am the one with the shape of a pin, and they had the shape of the ball, but whatever), or take a step in the street. I had a small opening and managed to side step them with a couple of steps in the street and quickly hopped back on the sidewalk.

DavePNW

You are really killing this training cycle

+1. Though I’m still not entirely sure someone hasn’t hacked LRB’s account.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And how does it feel to breathe in fresh air?

Wonderful. I have not coughed since I got here.

Damaris

LRB

That was just my thinking during my run.

My thinking is if you can jog 3 miles to the track, then bust out a 5 x 1k session hitting 3:40 for each interval, does it really matter that your splits on the way there were 9:30, 9:15 and 8:55? I'm not sure if it does or does not but I think if you are doing quality work on the regular across all paces and hitting your target paces you should be okay. I don't know.

Nice run by the way. That was work!

LRB

I ran 14ish including pacing the 1:50 group at a local half

Was this a part of your marathon pacing duties or something entirely different?

LRB

Awesome run!  Excellent work, my friend.

Thanks. If i had your fitness I could've run about 24 of them bitches.

LRB

You are really killing this training cycle

I hope I make it to the end!

Half Crazy K 2.0

This morning, three ladies were walking side by side on the sidewalk. I was like 100m away, and they had a clear view of me coming. There was a busy street on one side, and some trees on the other. I'm keeping right as much as possible. They just ignored the fact that I was coming. So I had to either stop, run through them like a bowling ball in bowling pins (although I am the one with the shape of a pin, and they had the shape of the ball, but whatever), or take a step in the street. I had a small opening and managed to side step them with a couple of steps in the street and quickly hopped back on the sidewalk.

I had wanted to do the .8 mile loop around the regional park. There was a huge group (like 15-20 people) wallking the loop when I was coming up. When the ones refused to share the sidewalk, I decided I didn't need to do the loop. There were tons of geese sitting on the baseball field, maybe they attacked them.

LRB

I've only gone 3 hours once IIRC. Hope you don't have too much lawn mowing, wood chopping or kid moving to do today 

I am going to a comedy show tonight. It's easy in, easy out so shouldn't be too bad. Tons of weed smoking there though (it's an open venue). I may need a new lung when I leave that beeyotch. lol

LRB

Ha! I read that as a 5k time

I could see that now! It was a 3 hour run. I didn't want to run a single second past it (officially it was 2:59:59.61) and that just happened to be what the numbers were. My last 3 hour run was 20.1 miles, so a quicker pace this time.

LRB

Off, big ‘oops’ on my part yesterday, looking back at the numbers I run up the inclines way too fast which is why the ham went nut.

lol - Good luck in the pool!

LRB

+1. Though I’m still not entirely sure someone hasn’t hacked LRB’s account.

Nope. It me.

Although, there was someone here once who could clone an account way back in the day when this place was a circus. Fun times. Not.

onemile

My thinking is if you can jog 3 miles to the track, then bust out a 5 x 1k session hitting 3:40 for each interval, does it really matter that your splits on the way there were 9:30, 9:15 and 8:55? I'm not sure if it does or does not but I think if you are doing quality work on the regular across all paces and hitting your target paces you should be okay. I don't know.

This.

onemile

Was this a part of your marathon pacing duties or something entirely different?

Sort of.  Not required but optional free entry to a handful of races if you want to pace (any pace you want- doesn't have to be the marathon pace you're assigned). Just have to wear a pace bib sign declaring the pace.