Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES take a lickin' and keep on tickin' (Read 46 times)

B-Plus

3 more SRDs. I've gained 6 lbs. it's glorious.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

As to the goal seeking time, I agree.  Sub 1:40.

Unless you solved that question 3 pages ago?

I just had lunch an hour ago and I'm starving.

Damaris

LRB

3 more SRDs. I've gained 6 lbs. it's glorious.

I believe it!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I can feel the stitches inside the shoes. I'm wondering if these will cause blisters.

Yes

Cyberic

Yes

Yeah, well, for now they're assigned to short, easy days. Maybe I can get a couple of hundred miles out of them that way.

bluerun

Super B****

Well, let's see.  After DNSing my would-be 5K PR yesterday (which, of course, I would have won) as I'm still limping around, I finally made an appointment to see if this nonsensical injury has a name.  Because, you know, nothing like spending good time and money to have it medically corroborated that your body is, in fact, a total POS.

Naturally, this also means I have to crawl into a proverbial cave, because I'm not someone who likes to have running-related things thrown in my face when I would literally kill myself to be able to run.

And to further slap myself in the face, today I get the email re: limited early registration for next year's Paine to Pain Trail Half, which closes Wednesday.  I mean, I could very well be dead by next fall instead of pretending I'm really a runner, so it won't matter if I waste the money, but still.

On the plus (?) side, if this doesn't heal fast, I'll get very skinny.  So there is that.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

onemile

Well, let's see.  After DNSing my would-be 5K PR yesterday (which, of course, I would have won) as I'm still limping around, I finally made an appointment to see if this nonsensical injury has a name.  Because, you know, nothing like spending good time and money to have it medically corroborated that your body is, in fact, a total POS.

Naturally, this also means I have to crawl into a proverbial cave, because I'm not someone who likes to have running-related things thrown in my face when I would literally kill myself to be able to run.

And to further slap myself in the face, today I get the email re: limited early registration for next year's Paine to Pain Trail Half, which closes Wednesday.  I mean, I could very well be dead by next fall instead of pretending I'm really a runner, so it won't matter if I waste the money, but still.

On the plus (?) side, if this doesn't heal fast, I'll get very skinny.  So there is that.

In your absence, you may have missed my post about the pumpkin pb. It is awesome!

Sorry about your injury and DNS Sad

bluerun

Super B****

In your absence, you may have missed my post about the pumpkin pb. It is awesome!

Sorry about your injury and DNS Sad

Oh, well, if it's so awesome... you can have mine too, because at the rate I'm going, it will expire before I get around to touching it again.  (Yes, it expires in 2017.)

chasing the impossible

LRB

I was hoping you were on vacation or something not injury related. Sorry.

bluerun

Super B****

I was hoping you were on vacation or something not injury related. Sorry.

No, the vacation is next week.  And just to illustrate how not being able to run fucks up my brain, I've actually devoted time to figuring out how to tamper with my own air supply.

When I said I turn into a crazy person... I wasn't kidding.

chasing the impossible

Zelanie

I guess I can talk about my run yesterday.  It was a beast. I was supposed to run 16 with the last 3 at tempo. I almost made it! The first tempo mile was tempo plus 2 seconds, the second was tempo plus 10 seconds, and the third tempo plus 12 seconds. But man was I running hard. I don't have a lot of 16 milers under my belt, and have never attempted anything like this. I was thinking that at least I could practice continuing to push,  even though I was off pace. Everything hurt, and when I got in DH said I looked and sounded like he's seen me look after a race.

So, hopefully doing as much as I had, which was close to target pace, had some positive effect!

MTA: Actually, we my whole run was 10 or more seconds slower than target pace yesterday. It was super duper slow for the first 5 miles until I just said FTS  and told my legs to suck it up. That got me to within 10 seconds of what I would like to have done for the rest of the way.

LRB

This time of year means it's that time of year.

I can never figure out if I prefer the orange ones, or the black ones.

onemile

I guess I can talk about my run yesterday.  It was a beast. I was supposed to run 16 with the last 3 at tempo. I almost made it! The first tempo mile was tempo plus 2 seconds, the second was tempo plus 10 seconds, and the third tempo plus 12 seconds. But man was I running hard. I don't have a lot of 16 milers under my belt, and have never attempted anything like this. I was thinking that at least I could practice continuing to push,  even though I was off pace. Everything hurt, and when I got in DH said I looked and sounded like he's seen me look after a race.

So, hopefully doing as much as I had, which was close to target pace, had some positive effect!

When I've done fast finish long runs, at best I am usually able to get down to somewhere between MP and HMP.  They are tough.

Zelanie

When I've done fast finish long runs, at best I am usually able to get down to somewhere between MP and HMP.  They are tough.

That's good to know. I kept thinking, how can I do this during a race for 13.1 if I can't do it for 3 miles in training?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm sorry, bluerun.

Yummy candy, LRB.

Damaris