Beginners and Beyond

Opening Day MonDAILIES (Read 46 times)

Hip Redux

Phew, straight to taper.

Does he still get to ESU on this plan?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Training for the Boston Marathon OFFICIALLY starts today 

That's the way I did my first marathon. Finally decided I wanted to run Boston, mailed in my entry exactly 2 weeks before the race, and began preparing myself for my first marathon.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

outoftheblue

My free photos are in from the Modesto Half.  For some reason rather than taking the picture as you cross the finish line, they took it afterwards.  I suppose they were looking for a celebratory pose, not walking off with slumped shoulders.  This just about sums up how I felt at the end.

Linda Blue's photo.

Life is good.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!!

Great run today, went exploring through the area around the new house, ended up with 9.5 miles.  It's all on main roads, but at least there's sidewalks.  Gonna miss being able to run 12+ miles through the neighborhoods without having to deal with any traffic.  But there are tons more trails here, that'll be worth it. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Training for the Boston Marathon OFFICIALLY starts today 

Good luck and have fun with the training!!!!!     

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

cjones1

A random thought I had on my run this morning:  When new people show up in this group for the first time, do they think, man a lot of these people went to college at ESU.  I wonder where that is.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

From the Internet.

5 miles done. Legs felt like garbage, too much ESU and sitting and time in the car yesterday. Oh and probably all those 40-mile weeks before yesterday :P And dead shoes didn't help, RIP shoes.

Will spend a bunch of time with the foam roller tonight and play tomorrow's run by ear - was planning to swap my MLR to tomorrow but keep it easy instead of a million HMP miles, and then run something on the track Thursday AM. May wind up being a cutback week after all.

Half Crazy K 2.0

A random thought I had on my run this morning:  When new people show up in this group for the first time, do they think, man a lot of these people went to college at ESU.  I wonder where that is.

East Stroudsberg U in PA and Emporia State in KS were the first Google resulted I got.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes. He goes straight to carboloading.

Damaris

LRB

I suppose they were looking for a celebratory pose, not walking off with slumped shoulders.

I like it. It looks like you just ran a half marathon!

LRB

Hey everyone!!

Great run today, went exploring through the area around the new house, ended up with 9.5 miles.  It's all on main roads, but at least there's sidewalks.  Gonna miss being able to run 12+ miles through the neighborhoods without having to deal with any traffic.  But there are tons more trails here, that'll be worth it. Smile

You running shirtless in your new 'hood, or are you going to blend in first?

Think I know the answer to that!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Opening Day was yesterday and the Cubs lost.

First trail run of the season. 4 miles easy over Mt Joy at VF NP.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

My free photos are in from the Modesto Half.  For some reason rather than taking the picture as you cross the finish line, they took it afterwards.  I suppose they were looking for a celebratory pose, not walking off with slumped shoulders.  This just about sums up how I felt at the end.

Linda Blue's photo.

And yet you still look great!   I'd chase those legs any day! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

OOTB, I think that's what you're supposed to look like after a race. I've seen pics of Scotty after many races and you look much better.

Baboon

delicate flower

5.2 miles easy.  Miles 2-5 were at my marathon PR pace and I was jogging.  Damn.

<3