Beginners and Beyond

Opening Day MonDAILIES (Read 46 times)

LRB

5.2 miles easy.  Miles 2-5 were at my marathon PR pace and I was jogging.  Damn.

You've come a long way, baby.

Baboon

delicate flower

My free photos are in from the Modesto Half.  For some reason rather than taking the picture as you cross the finish line, they took it afterwards.  I suppose they were looking for a celebratory pose, not walking off with slumped shoulders.  This just about sums up how I felt at the end.

Linda Blue's photo.

You look good!  Does seem weird that they wouldn't take a picture of you actually racing though.

You look a hell of a lot better than I did after my May marathon last year...

<3

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

I am off alone on a trip up to the local mountains for a three or four day holiday. DW and the kids are back at work and school so why not? I've had such a crappy year at work, I can't seem to stay free of injuries, and a personal issue has had me down so I came up alone to recharge my batteries. I ran six miles today, 8:46 pace and it is about 6700' elevation here. That's a good run for me. I'm doing nothing but reading and relaxing by the fire and tomorrow I'm going to my favorite breakfast place. If it doesn't snow I may go for another run. Yes sir.

LRB

You look a hell of a lot better than I did after my May marathon last year...

Damn, that's rough. lol

Pictures after marathons are stupid though, we all look like shit!

LRB

Hi Dailies.

I am off alone on a trip up to the local mountains for a three or four day holiday. DW and the kids are back at work and school so why not? I've had such a crappy year at work, I can't seem to stay free of injuries, and a personal issue has had me down so I came up alone to recharge my batteries.

Sounds like a plan!

Baboon

delicate flower

I am off alone on a trip up to the local mountains for a three or four day holiday. 

Excellent.  Give it hell.

<3

workinprogress11

Thank you, it worked!

Have a great time!  I saw him in concert about 7 years ago and it was incredible. Way beyond just his popular songs.

6 easy effort miles for me.

I learned today after an almost ER trip Saturday night that I have something called vestibular neuritis. During its active phase which lasts about 2 or 3 weeks, I guess, you can get debilitating vertigo on and off. That happened Saturday night. I was 15 minutes from the time I told hubby I'd be willing to go to the ER when it started to ease up. I couldn't even move my head a little without the whole room spinning and getting horrible nausea. Think of the worst bed spins you've ever had ad multiply it by 100. Meanwhile until a spell hits I'm gonna live my life except I won't drive. I don't want to take a chance on hurting someone else.

I can't ever seem to get normal stuff like a cold. This is a virus just like a cold. Why can't I just get that.

LRB

I can't ever seem to get normal stuff like a cold. This is a virus just like a cold. Why can't I just get that.

Dammit.

Hip Redux

Damn, that sounds awful Sad

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.5 miles with 3 hill sprints.

Outoftheblue, the photos they wanted you to PAY for at Baltimore were like that. I swear the last time I did it in 2013, they had photographers everywhere. I'm know I had an annoyed one at the end after a lousy race. They also were taking tons of pictures in the port-a-potty line. Seriously, you want me to lift my throw away clothes to see my number while I am waiting in a long ass line to pee? Yea, gonna buy that one.

Workinprogress11, that sounds awful. Hope it clears soon.

Little Blue

Have a great time!  I saw him in concert about 7 years ago and it was incredible. Way beyond just his popular songs.

6 easy effort miles for me.

I learned today after an almost ER trip Saturday night that I have something called vestibular neuritis. During its active phase which lasts about 2 or 3 weeks, I guess, you can get debilitating vertigo on and off. That happened Saturday night. I was 15 minutes from the time I told hubby I'd be willing to go to the ER when it started to ease up. I couldn't even move my head a little without the whole room spinning and getting horrible nausea. Think of the worst bed spins you've ever had ad multiply it by 100. Meanwhile until a spell hits I'm gonna live my life except I won't drive. I don't want to take a chance on hurting someone else.

This might sound like an odd comparison, but our dog had that last year.  The vet said she's had it, and described it as being really drunk and trying to walk on a moving boat.  I'm glad yours resolved so quickly.  The dog was falling down drunk for several days, and it took about three weeks to resolve.  From the things I read, it really screws up all your perceptions.  I hope it doesn't come back!

MTA:  did your eyes quiver?  The dog's eyeballs twitched constantly, which the vet said was a sure sign of vestibular disease.  Her eyebrows twitched, too, but not in sync with the eyeballs.  I can't imagine how disturbing that was!

Half Crazy K 2.0

This might sound like an odd comparison, but our dog had that last year.  The vet said she's had it, and described it as being really drunk and trying to walk on a moving boat.  I'm glad yours resolved so quickly.  The dog was falling down drunk for several days, and it took about three weeks to resolve.  From the things I read, it really screws up all your perceptions.  I hope it doesn't come back!

MTA:  did your eyes quiver?  The dog's eyeballs twitched constantly, which the vet said was a sure sign of vestibular disease.  Her eyebrows twitched, too, but not in sync with the eyeballs.  I can't imagine how disturbing that was!

We went through this with our dog too. DH called me at work after finding her slumped over and thought she had a stroke. We had one of the "lucky" dogs that had more than one episode. The second time wasn't as severe as the first, we think that the wonder drug that kep her allergies at bay was the cause. Poor dog was still motivated by food though--I had heated up some pizza for dinner and she really tried to get up to get some.

Happy Dyngus Day, my online pierogies! (One of two reasons to wear red and white today. )

11 with 3 at MP or faster.

onemile - heck of a run yesterday for not training to race, lol

B+ - I'm not sure that's how it works....

As for baseball, Pawtucket will be here next Monday and Tues... perhaps a morning run is in order to be able to catch them put a hurt on this loathsome Blue Jays farm club.

onemile

onemile - heck of a run yesterday for not training to race, lol

I kinda wish I was racing it.

onemile

I ran 7 easy.