Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #122 (Read 31 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

And the madness continues.  The Great Virtual Race Across Tennessee, which I mentioned in a previous dailies, now has over 10,000 participants from around the world.  I have a double digit run planned today to kick it off.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I have 10+ again later. It's my Friday off so I woke up a bit later.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

I have roughly 2 miles planned. Return to running, week 3, baby.

12 stream grade, really sloooow, first 10 in drizzle and light rain.  First double digit run in two months, didn’t realize it had been that long.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

:::Warning a whole lot of Whining & Pouting:::

I think it's safe to say May is going to be a 0 mile month for me... and I've accepted that. Getting this trampoline was the best and worst decision I've ever made, my son LOVES it but he doesn't want to jump alone, he gets bored after 15-20 minutes and begs mommy to jump on trampoline  He's autistic and doesn't understand what an injury is, doesn't understand if mommy just wants to sit in the center or sit on the bouncy stability ball... so yeah, at this point I'm just going to accept this fact. Ten years ago this month (around May 24) was when I started running, and sadly I won't be celebrating that with running 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

The running with a face mask thread got away from me. I left off on the first page and saw this morning that it has exploded! Anyone care to provide some cliff notes or the general census with that whole thing?

The running with a face mask thread got away from me. I left off on the first page and saw this morning that it has exploded! Anyone care to provide some cliff notes or the general census with that whole thing?

Pretty much the same as any discussion anywhere about face masks.

Dave

LRB

Pretty much the same as any discussion anywhere about face masks.

👍

bluerun

Super B****

5 trainer miles to warm up before running 5 with 10x2min @5K pace with 1min recovery... I hate running workouts on streets with traffic. It's bad enough having to stop for that, but it's even worse when you don't have to stop because you have the green light and then a car almost runs you over and the driver gets mad at you! Really, I could have just gone to the track because it rained so it would have probably been pretty empty. Oh well.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Getting this trampoline was the best and worst decision I've ever made, my son LOVES it but he doesn't want to jump alone, he gets bored after 15-20 minutes and begs mommy to jump on trampoline ..

If you were recovering from heart surgery and doing so could kill you, what would you do?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 trainer miles to warm up before running 5 with 10x2min @5K pace with 1min recovery... I hate running workouts on streets with traffic. It's bad enough having to stop for that, but it's even worse when you don't have to stop because you have the green light and then a car almost runs you over and the driver gets mad at you! Really, I could have just gone to the track because it rained so it would have probably been pretty empty. Oh well.

Ugh. Hope you are OK. I had many such encounters down south and I wished my middle finger would throw darts at time

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 with strides and no face mask.

sdWhiskers

7 miles. And 7 day rolling total of 69.9

I started wearing a buff (around my neck) a few days ago that I bought online. It was a bit expensive but is probably best material for running lots of miles in warm weather. I mean, it's so light that I'm sure it does nothing except keep the neighborhood vigilantes from yelling at me. Science says distance is better than any flimsy, dirty, poor fitting mask so I'll continue to keep 15-20 ft between me and others. For morning runs, I'm probably averaging passing one person per mile. Afternoon runs were a whole different disaster.

Cyberic

Might run at 3, or might make this a RD. Leaning towards a RD because I think my body would welcome that. If I add the fact that, as sdWhiskers has alluded to, running in the afternoon sucks nowadays if you live in a densely populated area, smart money is on a RD. We'll see...

Half Crazy K 2.0

You need it to be a rainy day to run in the afternoon.