Beginners and Beyond

August 2013 Racing Thread (Read 59 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm still waffling between two August races... being indecisive is rough.

I find being indecisive very easy ...or maybe not. I don't know. Run both...or neither.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

bluerun

Super B****

I find being indecisive very easy ...or maybe not. I don't know. Run both...or neither.

I can't run neither, I need to run at least one race in August!  (Don't ask.)  But if I do one of the September races I want to do, and both of these, I'd end up racing three weeks in a row, and that won't work for a delicate little flower such as myself.  So.

Someone else should really just decide for me.  And when they do, I will find all sorts of reasons to argue with their decision, because that's what indecisive people do, right?  I think.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I can't run neither, I need to run at least one race in August!  (Don't ask.)  But if I do one of the September races I want to do, and both of these, I'd end up racing three weeks in a row, and that won't work for a delicate little flower such as myself.  So.

Someone else should really just decide for me.  And when they do, I will find all sorts of reasons to argue with their decision, because that's what indecisive people do, right?  I think.

So what are the races and any mitigating factors that might sway you one way or another?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Hip Redux

I *had* my goal 10K for the year in August... not so sure it will be run at this point.  

bluerun

Super B****

So what are the races and any mitigating factors that might sway you one way or another?

8/18 -- 10 miler (wouldn't be aiming for a PR, necessarily... a course PR is pretty much a given there)

8/25 -- 5K or 10K (based on the previous two races in this series, I could potentially finish in the top three females in either distance)

9/2 -- 5K or 10K (same as above, but not quite as easily)

The problem is that the ones I really want to do are 8/18 and 8/25, and I can't do both of those.  I can either do 8/18 and 9/2, or 8/25.  Sadness.

chasing the impossible

Will run for scenery.

Aug 18

Pike's Peak Marathon.

Goal :  7:30

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Baboon

delicate flower

Aug 10:  Chilmark Road Race 5K - Goal is PR (21:23)

Aug 26:  Old Wethersfield 10K - Goal is 44:59 (that'd be almost a 3 minute PR, but that's my goal)

<3

LRB

Aug 10:  Chilmark Road Race 5K

Aw shit!

Baboon

delicate flower

Aw shit!

PR might be a conservative goal.  I was looking at my log from last year and my speed workout interval paces were not touching my paces now.  Still, it's a tough 5K course with 150' of uphill.  That said, I'm much stronger on hills now too...

<3

LRB

PR might be a conservative goal. 

Excellent!  My first this year was as well.  So it is not a matter of if, but by how much.

Don't call me Buttercup!

Well, poop.  I drank the kool-aid and will be racing in August after all.

Frederick Women's Distance Festival 5K

Aug. 10th

Goal:  no idea.  Some kind of PR.

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

August 10, 2013

YMCA 10k

Goal: under 58 minutes (shhh real goal is 55:59 or less)

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Well, poop.  I drank the kool-aid and will be racing in August after all.

Frederick Women's Distance Festival 5K

Aug. 10th

Goal:  no idea.  Some kind of PR.

Ohhh, I know, I know!!... wait.  It's a Saturday.  I know you did that on purpose.

chasing the impossible

Rondog65

I am with the group of indecisive, as I am still on the fence about an upcoming 5 mile race being an Irish Pub Race on Saturday 8/03.  I will probably  decide on Friday, or maybe Saturday!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Don't call me Buttercup!

Ohhh, I know, I know!!... wait.  It's a Saturday.  I know you did that on purpose.

I can't help it when races are!  Pfft.

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to!