Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailes (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

Nice runs LRB and Baboon.

It surprises me that you entered a race and did not race it though, LRB.

Lily, 17 and not caring about what his clothes look like. Could be worse. I cared, but my tastes were very different from those of my parents. I think they would have liked to choose for me. They would not have gone with the jeans, the high cut white sneakers and the black n white 3/4 length sleeves shirts with heavy metal bands prints. Nor with the leather jacket with a sleeveless jean jacket with a heavy metal band patch sewn in the back over the leather jacket.

LRB

It surprises me that you entered a race and did not race it though, LRB.

I am training for my fourth marathon, but this is my fifth cycle (I took a DNS in 2013). What happens is the monotony and drudgery of the stupid things start to wear on you. So jumping in a race to train keeps things fresh...or at the least it beats running on your own for the fiftieth millionth time.

I was okay with running today on my own, but the thought of incorporating it with the event made me smile, so I ran with it.

It was cool. I saw a million people I know and shared a few laughs afterwards. And besides, I am nowhere near half marathon shape, not even close FFS.

onemile

18 miles

including 3 easy + 15 at GMP+15 secs per mile

(13.1 of these were part of a half marathon to make it easier - having aid stations sure is nice).

And having your long run done before 10am on a Saturday - priceless.

Zelanie

Morning! SRD and play-going with the family for me.

onemile

What happens is the monotony and drudgery of the stupid things start to wear on you. So jumping in a race to train keeps things fresh...or at the least it beats running on your own for the fiftieth millionth time.

Amen.

Zelanie

LRB, you just needed some couches on your course.

LRB

And having your long run done before 10am on a Saturday - priceless.

LRB

LRB, you just needed some couches on your course.

lol

DavePNW

8 miles.

Dave

Cyberic

What happens is the monotony and drudgery of the stupid things start to wear on you. So jumping in a race to train keeps things fresh...or at the least it beats running on your own for the fiftieth millionth time.

Makes sense.

Cyberic

We all would need some couches on our LRs

Little Blue

Happy Saturday!  I started out from our little downtown, and ran in random zigs and zags until I got to the park.  I ran until I bumped into my walking buddy, so I got 3.5 running plus 4 walking.  Then he drove me back to my car.

This has turned out to be my highest mileage month, I think ever.  A lot of you run more in a week than I do in a month, but meh, I'll take it.  And so far, nothing hurts.

I have to go out this afternoon and buy a birthday present for a 5 yr old boy.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'd like it to be a little fun/educational, he has plenty of cartoon character stuff and typical boy stuff.

LRB

There is so much food in my belly right now I could get arrested for impersonating a pregnant woman geezus!

LRB

I have to go out this afternoon and buy a birthday present for a 5 yr old boy.  Anyone have any ideas?  I'd like it to be a little fun/educational, he has plenty of cartoon character stuff and typical boy stuff.

Yes, buy him a Garmin. I know a five year old boy who would have loved it if someone but me er, um, him a 620. Big grin

Congrats on the mileage! I expect to see you in the mileage thread. Smile

Little Blue

Yes, buy him a Garmin. I know a five year old boy who would have loved it if someone but me er, um, him a 620. Big grin

So this is the art of buying a person something that you want for yourself, in case they don't like it?    In that case, I wonder how he'd feel about some Asics 2000 2, size 7.5?  I wouldn't buy him the pink ones.