Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailes (Read 37 times)

Zelanie

My nephew is really into space, so we got him a moon for his wall that lights up with the different phases.

Little Blue

My nephew is really into space, so we got him a moon for his wall that lights up with the different phases.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking.  I'm not sure what he's into, but maybe something would trigger an interest, if he's exposed to it.  I'm off to the science store to see what they suggest.

LRB

I feel like I got hit by a Mack Truck! I might need one of those...where's O? Blank-blank sandwiches tonight. Shh. Big grin

LRB

I know I don't "need" more than a few 18 mile runs for training, but I would like at least 1 or 2 20 milers damn it, and hopefully get the first one ran 2 weeks before the Evansville Half, and then 3 weeks before the IMM and just before my taper. If I can only manage 18 milers, that is fine, I know mentally I can finish the IMM, and I am in physically good shape to, so long as these physical issues get better and go away.

I used to like to run 20's as well. Then an apple fell on my head while I was sitting under a tree, and that was the end of that. lol

happylily

I like Zel's suggestion, Little Blue. But whatever you do, stay away from all the Disney crap.

Cy, I don't think the 17 year old you would have liked all the Gap clothes I bought for my son yesterday... hehe... I also wanted to buy him a cool pair of army boots, but that's where he stopped me. Apparently army boots are not longer in?:Btw, did you apply anything on that bee sting? How is it at the moment?

10 @ 7:42 mpm. Now I have the rest of the day to prepare myself mentally for my LR tomorrow. And my back is sooo killing me because it's the time of the werewolf in my household! sigh...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Happy FFS Saturday!  I ran.

2:35 run:

90 minutes easy (8:40 avg pace)

45 minutes cruising speed (7:55 pace)

15 minutes hard (7:35 pace)

5 minute cool down

18.7 miles at 8:19 avg pace.  Good run.  60.4 for the week imo.

That hurts just looking at it. lol

Nice run, you done good. Smile

DavePNW

This has turned out to be my highest mileage month, I think ever.  A lot of you run more in a week than I do in a month, but meh, I'll take it.  And so far, nothing hurts.

Congrats!

Dave

Hip Redux

I feel like I got hit by a Mack Truck! I might need one of those...where's O? Blank-blank sandwiches tonight. Shh. Big grin

LRB

: swoops in from cyberspace :  

lol

Hip Redux

Cyberic

Didn't put anything on the sting. It doesn't hurt so I just let it be.

I'm not sure I would wear GAP clothes now! At 17, impossible Smile

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I used to like to run 20's as well. Then an apple fell on my head while I was sitting under a tree, and that was the end of that. lol

Lol, well my reasoning is because I want those longer runs, I really enjoy being out there for so long which is a reason I want to go further than the marathon distance. But it sucks when your body isn't feeling it 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Blah.

Yesterday evening I decided to take Dorian out for an easy 3 miler, didn't have any problems with my upper quad area during the run but after the run and driving to the store, upon getting out and walking to the store I felt sore there. Not sure why, but it's pissing me off. I am not running today, and most definitely not running 20 miles tomorrow. I've edited my training plan (anybody can look at it: http://www.runningahead.com/logs/6d1d5cb5e27e4230a9d79029229a9ba6/plans/LsE  ). Last week was a cutback week due to just not feeling it mentally, and just feeling drained although my body felt up to it then, this week is going to be a cutback week to give whatever this is some time to rest. I know I don't "need" more than a few 18 mile runs for training, but I would like at least 1 or 2 20 milers damn it, and hopefully get the first one ran 2 weeks before the Evansville Half, and then 3 weeks before the IMM and just before my taper. If I can only manage 18 milers, that is fine, I know mentally I can finish the IMM, and I am in physically good shape to, so long as these physical issues get better and go away.

If anybody does look at my plan, just know that I have put any of the extra 2-3 milers that I sometimes do in the evenings on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and sometimes on Fridays. I usually put them in once I run them.

*I need a hug*

My personal opinion is that you are hitting the weights too hard or too often, while also adding the marathon training miles.  And of course, it is affecting you, just like adding mileage alone would affect you but adding both might be too much.

Remember, the more you dedicate yourself to anything other than running, you are risking that the running might be affected in some way.  You need to find the perfect balance and your body is telling you you are above what you need to do.  I don't think reducing the running is the best, especially if you don't reduce the frequency of the weights, etc.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, LRB and onemile.

LRB, sounds like my HMs during training.  It's nice to do a workout during them to get a feel about how the race will feel.

Damaris

happylily

FS, I agree with what Damaris says 100%. Also, maybe if you cut the time spent at the gym completely, at least until after the marathon, you could get an hour or two of extra sleep. It sounds like you need that as well.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010