Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailes (Read 37 times)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

hmmm...

highly humid and lightly warm (80ish)  raced another 5k.  no rest  went relatively well.

solid race, came in 4th (masters winner) and had a decent battle between 2nd,3rd, 4th.     18:14 I think.  (we had a 3 or so sec spread)

(1st place took it from the get go and didnt let go...  16:0x)

DD on the other hand (just turned 9 two days ago) decided to race.  Her momma trailed behind her 100m or so to keep an eye on her.

she PR'd and came in at 24:59!

In cool weather with decent humidity, I should be back in the 17's easily enough and she might well be near 23's

From the Internet.

GUYS I RAN A MILE AND A HALF ALL AT ONE TIME.

It was amazing. No toe complaints whatsoever. Spent 7 hours standing at a concert last night with no toe issues, plus walking around a bunch before the show started, and when I started running today after walking the first mile I was like "fuck it I'll just see how far I can go without stopping". Hit 1.5 miles and decided I would be tempting fate to push too much farther this soon.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

GUYS I RAN A MILE AND A HALF ALL AT ONE TIME.

It was amazing. No toe complaints whatsoever. Spent 7 hours standing at a concert last night with no toe issues, plus walking around a bunch before the show started, and when I started running today after walking the first mile I was like "fuck it I'll just see how far I can go without stopping". Hit 1.5 miles and decided I would be tempting fate to push too much farther this soon.

Sweet!

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Sweet Lauren!

But if it has anything to do with my lifting, wouldn't other parts be suffering? It's just my quads that is sore and I must admit, I haven't really been focusing on strengthening my quads.... if and when I do leg work, it mainly is the glutes and a little bit of hammies.

I've been doing both since February,  and I have cut back the lifting, both days and time. Both are the only things that have kept me sane and strong lately. Dealing with this bullshit bookkeeping Fuck up our old CPA's got us in, I've been overly stressed and drained but our new CPA definitely show promise and concern for us, unlike the last. I'm still stressed,  but feeling somewhat better.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Cool Lauren, very cool! 

7 hours at a concert?  Poor musicians!

onemile

But if it has anything to do with my lifting, wouldn't other parts be suffering? It's just my quads that is sore and I must admit, I haven't really been focusing on strengthening my quads.... if and when I do leg work, it mainly is the glutes and a little bit of hammies.

I've been doing both since February,  and I have cut back the lifting, both days and time. Both are the only things that have kept me sane and strong lately. Dealing with this bullshit bookkeeping Fuck up our old CPA's got us in, I've been overly stressed and drained but our new CPA definitely show promise and concern for us, unlike the last. I'm still stressed,  but feeling somewhat better.

Having something that is sore is pretty normal for me. If it's not that spot on my shin, it's my hip, or my knee, my achilles, my calves.  Not an injury but I seem to always have something that feels like it could become one. But really, taking easier/shorter days, not doing back to back hard workouts and taking rest days is usually enough to 'manage' it.  Maybe some foam rolling.  A lot of time though, it's hard workout flares it up, an easy day or two is enough to make it feel better enough to make it through another hard workout.  I just think... when you are marathon training, it's somewhat expected to have an issue.  You mentioned that it felt fine for your run but was sore after? It's good to be aware of these things but I don't think it's unusual to have "something"...  (or a couple "somethings")

From the Internet.

Cool Lauren, very cool! 

7 hours at a concert?  Poor musicians!

LOL! There were 5 bands/acts that played, and the last 2 were co-headliners so they both put in longer sets. I was wiped out by the end - started at 4:30 in the afternoon and finished way past my bedtime!

Cyberic

Having something that is sore is pretty normal for me. If it's not that spot on my shin, it's my hip, or my knee, my achilles, my calves.  Not an injury but I seem to always have something that feels like it could become one. But really, taking easier/shorter days, not doing back to back hard workouts and taking rest days is usually enough to 'manage' it.  Maybe some foam rolling.  A lot of time though, it's hard workout flares it up, an easy day or two is enough to make it feel better enough to make it through another hard workout.  I just think... when you are marathon training, it's somewhat expected to have an issue.  You mentioned that it felt fine for your run but was sore after? It's good to be aware of these things but I don't think it's unusual to have "something"...  (or a couple "somethings")

+1 on everything said here.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Plus not all soreness needs to be addressed in any way.  Only when it's pain that, IMO, it's an issue.

Damaris

LRB

Having something that is sore is pretty normal for me. If it's not that spot on my shin, it's my hip, or my knee, my achilles, my calves, my feet, my arns, my hands, my stupid face, my back, my front, my top, my bottom, my bank account. Read Cy's siggy FFS, there is always something. I just pour iodine on them shits and keep right on trucking,

LRB

Plus not all soreness needs to be addressed in any way. 

Run until that shit goes away and if it doesn't, DSU.

onemile

Run until that shit goes away and if it doesn't, DSU.

Pretty much. Anyway, if I took a day off every time I had something hurting I wouldn't get anywhere.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Pretty much. Anyway, if I took a day off every time I had something hurting I wouldn't get anywhere.

Damaris

LRB

Speaking of sore, I have a massage Friday. I wish today was Thursday. I am beat the hell up. lol

Little Blue

Yay Lauren!!!