Beginners and Beyond

Milky Way Bar Thursdailies (Read 40 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Run on some chocolate today.  On March 12, 1923, the Milky Way Bar was introduced to the American public by Frank C. Mars and manufactured in Minneapolis.

Planned on an easy 3-miler after work yesterday.  Yeah, that didn't work out...I wasn't paying attention and missed a turn at Mile 2...and then found I was on one of my local hill routes.  Well, shoot, I was there now, might as well do it, no turning back.  So I did!  Ended up with hills done - and these ain't no baby hills! -  and a longer route; finished with a total of 4.6 miles.  The weather was not cooperative.  Supposed to go up to 68 yesterday, but it went up to ONLY 61, and was a bit breezy.  Even so, I was just fine running in a singlet.  Ah, Texas Spring. 

After the hills yesterday, today's plan is for a nice, easy run on the FLAT San Antonio Riverwalk.   Weather guy says temp is going to 70 today, with a bit of cloudiness.  Yeah, we'll see...

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

Nice run Scotty.

I have 4 x 1 mile T w/ 1 min jg on tap. I'm already a bit tired from yesterday's Intervals, so that will be interesting. Daniels 5k-10k program's phase 3 is like that: Wednesday-Thursday workouts.

Hip Redux

I ran yesterday so today is weights.   On the schedule is some sort of torturous combination of various box jumps, squats, lunges and planks.

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello, friends!  I have a one hour hard progression run to do after work today.  I'll be doing that on the treadmill since it's easier to control the speed (I have to increase the speed every 10 minutes).  Other that that, I slept in a bit this morning and have a work day full of meetings.

<3

Half Crazy K 2.0

Now I want a Milky Way.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ran 10 with 6 at MP.  Very humid outside but still my lungs worked like they should.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I was able to get 6.2 miles in this morning, Rocky did not go with me.... the dumbass went back into our bedroom (where Dorian sleeps most nights) after I told him to get out so I could quietly shut the door.... there is no freaking way I am opening that door once it is shut.

Sorry Rocky, your loss.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And yet you are still running strong and hitting your paces.   I'm getting excited for you about Paris.  Have you started picking out your race-day outfit yet?

For me, another treadmill run, although I threw a little bit of speed work into the mix today.  8.55 miles, with 4+ at GMP.

From yesterday:  thanks!  We'll see.  I usually run stronger in training but never in races (compared to the training), probably because of the extra stress from the asthma.  Still, very happy so far.  I have an idea of what I'm going to wear, of course, but INB keeps getting new stuff out so who knows what I'll decide in a few weeks!  Ack! 

Damaris

Zelanie

Hey guys.  7.5 last night, probably 8 tonight. Smile

Phil and Eric- Good luck on the quality workouts!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.3. I bought new running socks. Tried them today. Felt good. First time I've gotten socks specific one for right foot and one for left. Since I bought 3 pairs I'm sure it will make folding laundry fun to make sure I get the right and left together. They are called thirty 48. I like them.  I got my Balegas too but wanted to try something new.

Marjorie

Mmmmm...beer

Excellent topic, Milky Way is one of my favorite candy bars!

The rest is working, I have zero soreness in my foot as of last night and this morning.  I'm going to swing by the LRS today and pick up a pair of the new Saucony Zealots, might take 'em for an easy spin today or tomorrow.

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

5 more easy miles last night and I loathe running at night. I may go for 6 more later.  Is anyone else having a hard time adjusting to this dumb time change or is just me?

See ya.

LRB

'Sup crew!

I favored the Mars bar as a yute but did my fair share of damage to the Milky Way.

I got in 7 this morning on the belt and am feeling all warm and fuzzy that my days on it are close to being over.

Ric-G

7 miles or so later today...i can't understand the reason for the time change jack - i could do without it....now i will probably want some sort of chocolate bar later - thanks scotty...have a good day everyone!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

I ran yesterday so today is weights.   On the schedule is some sort of torturous combination of various box jumps, squats, lunges and planks.

My fragile body cannot handle lunges much. Shit, even doing the lunge stretch after running aggravated my groin this weekend!