Beginners and Beyond

Deep in snow TuesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

onemile

Take it from someone who's lived it, this shit gets old, FAST.

the problem is when you start winter on Halloween and it goes through April.

LRB

Preach, Sista. 🙌

bluerun

Super B****

It will be 23° with a real feel of 6° when I run tomorrow morning. I am going to cry. Maybe I should do a workout just in case I won't be miserable enough?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Take it from someone who's lived it, this shit gets old, FAST.

Not sure it will get old faster than feels like 100F since February...  Time will tell.

Damaris

LRB

Not sure it will get old faster than feels like 100F since February...  Time will tell.

Couldn't resist 'eh? It's like muscle memory for you.

LRB

It will be 23° with a real feel of 6° when I run tomorrow morning. I am going to cry. Maybe I should do a workout just in case I won't be miserable enough?

With a Sunday race, it'll pretty much be the last practical day for it. 👍

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Couldn't resist 'eh? It's like muscle memory for you.

Not memory.  It's that 11F feels way better than that shit.  At least for now. :-P

Damaris

LRB

With all the wool talk yesterday, I went and spent a fortune this morning on a 1/4 zip top and a running jacket. 

The wool top I bought last January was way too light for what I needed, I realize that now (indeed it was rated as light!). The 1/4 zip is rated as heavy and the jacket is wool lined so I'm hoping for better results.

These will go with the two vests and jacket I bought late last week. smh

bluerun

Super B****

With a Sunday race, it'll pretty much be the last practical day for it. 👍

Which workout will verify "you have no business racing anything in this shape"? 🤔

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate wool as it makes my nose itch like crazy.  I guess there is no material better when it gets to be cold, so I should check it out?

Damaris

LRB

Which workout will verify "you have no business racing anything in this shape"? 🤔

Anything faster than 10k pace most likely...

RunningOnSand

*cries*

B/c that is all too true.

*cries again*

RunningOnSand

Sounds wise. Why go through misery on two different days, when you could combine it into one day!

RunningOnSand

I hate wool as it makes my nose itch like crazy.  I guess there is no material better when it gets to be cold, so I should check it out?

I usually can't wear wool as it just makes me itch. But for some reason the Wazzie Wool is magical and doesn't bug me. But of course, that's not saying that it wouldn't make your nose itch. Anyway, with that said, YES. Check it out. You can always send it back if it makes you itch.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So we got some ice and a teeny tiny bit of snow, schools are closed....... blah. I dragged myself out of bed at 3:40 and headed to the gym, not because I wanted to work out but mainly because I wanted to use the shower.

Now I am trying to see if one of my family members will let me use their washer........ this is going to be a long week.....

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)