Beginners and Beyond

Deep in snow TuesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

RunningOnSand

Today it was 2*F when I woke up this morning. TWO. Sigh. I'm waiting for it to warm up marginally before I head out for a run.

RunningOnSand

So we got some ice and a teeny tiny bit of snow, schools are closed....... blah. I dragged myself out of bed at 3:40 and headed to the gym, not because I wanted to work out but mainly because I wanted to use the shower.

Now I am trying to see if one of my family members will let me use their washer........ this is going to be a long week.....

That sucks. All of it. Sad

bluerun

Super B****

Sounds wise. Why go through misery on two different days, when you could combine it into one day!

#efficiency

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

Sounds wise. Why go through misery on two different days, when you could combine it into one day!

lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

That sucks. All of it. Sad

Indeed.

I did discover a positive with this weather, the only good thing about the icy roads is that it's keeping me from going out and running when I should be resting. If today had been like yesterday or even Saturday, I probably would have gone for a run. But I am hoping to rest today, tomorrow and then try for a very easy run Thursday.

D, I'm currently loving the weather... not so much the ice and all the BS one must go through when trying to get their vehicle started and warmed up and de-iced (unless one has a garage their cars go into....... lucky bastards). But by March I will be sick and freaking tired of this crap.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I usually can't wear wool as it just makes me itch. But for some reason the Wazzie Wool is magical and doesn't bug me. But of course, that's not saying that it wouldn't make your nose itch. Anyway, with that said, YES. Check it out. You can always send it back if it makes you itch.

From what I've gathered, most products using smart wool don't itch. Apparently, allegedly.

sdWhiskers

8 miles. I want to feel like part of the group with the weather complaints...so umm...it was really foggy here. The kind where you can't see the sidewalk on the other side of the street and your eyelashes hold approx. 1 L of water.

I'm getting anxious for it to be CIM time already. Geez I feel like I've been training since June (I have). 2 more weeks of WORK then taper time.

LRB

8 miles. I want to feel like part of the group with the weather complaints...so umm...it was really foggy here. The kind where you can't see the sidewalk on the other side of the street and your eyelashes hold approx. 1 L of water.

I'm getting anxious for it to be CIM time already. Geez I feel like I've been training since June (I have). 2 more weeks of WORK then taper time.

That's the spirit! 

RunningOnSand

From what I've gathered, most products using smart wool don't itch. Apparently, allegedly.

You are correct! I realized I have smart wool socks and, they also don't itch! #winning

RunningOnSand

Runshortii

the problem is when you start winter on Halloween and it goes through April.

THIS.

SRD here. I have mike repeats to do tomorrow morning and it’s going to be a wind chill of 0  but the wind will be coming out of the south apparently and I’ll mostly be running east/west so maybe it won’t be too bad...?

onemile

THIS.

SRD here. I have mike repeats to do tomorrow morning and it’s going to be a wind chill of 0  but the wind will be coming out of the south apparently and I’ll mostly be running east/west so maybe it won’t be too bad...?

If you can find a clear road to run on. Everything is terrible here. Maybe by tomorrow it will be better though.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Indeed.

I did discover a positive with this weather, the only good thing about the icy roads is that it's keeping me from going out and running when I should be resting. If today had been like yesterday or even Saturday, I probably would have gone for a run. But I am hoping to rest today, tomorrow and then try for a very easy run Thursday.

D, I'm currently loving the weather... not so much the ice and all the BS one must go through when trying to get their vehicle started and warmed up and de-iced (unless one has a garage their cars go into....... lucky bastards). But by March I will be sick and freaking tired of this crap.

I am a lucky bastard since we have a two car garage.  It did come in handy this morning!

Damaris

RunningOnSand

Today it was 2*F when I woke up this morning. TWO. Sigh. I'm waiting for it to warm up marginally before I head out for a run.

So there was no wind when I typed the above comment, thus the feels like temp was also 2.

Now the temp is up to 12*F (yay!), but the "feels like" temp is at 1*F.  #notwinning

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am a lucky bastard since we have a two car garage.  It did come in handy this morning!

You are so damn lucky....... me..... so damn jealous lol.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)