Beginners and Beyond

Deep in snow TuesDAILIES (Read 34 times)

onemile

It sucks when you get such an amazing product, that it ruins your experience of your other gear.

and then only $100 running shirts will do. 

RunningOnSand

Exactly!   

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL LOL LOL. It's been a LONG time since I saw that movie.

Big grin

Damaris

DavePNW

And $250 shoes.

Dave

RunningOnSand

And $250 shoes.

*cries harder*

That almost makes me want to tally up how much I've spent in the last year on running gear. Almost. Actually, strike that. I really, really don't want to know. 

onemile

sdWhiskers

I currently only run in ~$10 shorts from Kohls and many in my current rotation are getting pretty worn. When I picked up my bib this past weekend at the LRS, I bought 2 pairs of more expensive shorts (like $40) to try. Even though both are 5", they both do what I hate about most running shorts--ride up in my crouch so its just skin on skin of my non-thigh gap legs rubbing each other. Ugh. I have a whole drawer full of shorts that do this and I only use them for strength training. So either I stick with Kohls, or try the next tier of super expensive but I don't have hope they will be different.

Surely, I'm not the only slightly overweight woman that's had kids who is trying to run? Any recommendations? I'd like pocket(s) but doesn't need to hold a phone.

onemile

I currently only run in ~$10 shorts from Kohls and many in my current rotation are getting pretty worn. When I picked up my bib this past weekend at the LRS, I bought 2 pairs of more expensive shorts (like $40) to try. Even though both are 5", they both do what I hate about most running shorts--ride up in my crouch so its just skin on skin of my non-thigh gap legs rubbing each other. Ugh. I have a whole drawer full of shorts that do this and I only use them for strength training. So either I stick with Kohls, or try the next tier of super expensive but I don't have hope they will be different.

Surely, I'm not the only slightly overweight woman that's had kids who is trying to run? Any recommendations? I'd like pocket(s) but doesn't need to hold a phone.

Have you tried shorter shorts? it might sound counter intuitive but I think they might be less likely to ride up like this.

Baboon

delicate flower

It's been Deadville.

I assume the B&B movie buffs such as yourself, Docket, and DaveP will be rushing out to see the new Charlie's Angels movie ASAFP?

<3

onemile

Have you tried shorter shorts? it might sound counter intuitive but I think they might be less likely to ride up like this.

I have chubby legs and I like these:

Long Speed Shorts

and these

Lady Duke Longish

and

Hopper Shorts

DavePNW

Tried compression-style shorts?

Dave

DavePNW

I assume the B&B movie buffs such as yourself, Docket, and DaveP will be rushing out to see the new Charlie's Angels movie ASAFP?

Yes right after I get back from Blockbuster.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Tried compression-style shorts?

That was going to be my suggestion

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

KCRuns

I also have a drawer full of shorts I can't wear because of this.  In real life, I don't wear a lot of skirts, but in running, I have switched to InB skirts with the compression style (though not that tight) shorts underneath and they don't ride up.  And they have 2 good pockets.

DavePNW

*cries harder*

That almost makes me want to tally up how much I've spent in the last year on running gear. Almost. Actually, strike that. I really, really don't want to know. 

No you probably don't.

My total cost of running would be difficult for me to calculate, because the largest expense is probably the additional quantity of food I consume.

Dave